FDX Sen. List updated

USNFDX

Purple Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Posts
328
Total Time
4000+
4460 Total

101 guys removed

A net change of 200+ pilots.

I moved up 97 numbers ( If anyone cares)
 

RJones

Rico SWAFO
Joined
Dec 13, 2001
Posts
374
Total Time
15000+
"I moved up 97 numbers ( If anyone cares)"

Nope!
 

AlbieF15

F15 Ret/FDX/InterviewPrep
Joined
Nov 25, 2001
Posts
1,764
Total Time
6000
I care. A good indication that a LOT of the over 60 crowd is hanging out on the various panels. We certainly had a lot more than 97 guys age out over 60.
 

klhoard

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 14, 2003
Posts
766
Total Time
32000+
AlbieF15 said:
I care. A good indication that a LOT of the over 60 crowd is hanging out on the various panels. We certainly had a lot more than 97 guys age out over 60.
.
.
.
What does it matter as long as they're vacating my left seat???
.
.
.
 

Miyagi

Active member
Joined
Jun 15, 2005
Posts
37
Total Time
enough
klhoard said:
.
.
.
What does it matter as long as they're vacating my left seat???
.
.
.
'Cause there isn't a place for me to fill - yet!
 

satpak77

Marriott Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2003
Posts
3,015
Total Time
5000+
AlbieF15 said:
I care. A good indication that a LOT of the over 60 crowd is hanging out on the various panels. We certainly had a lot more than 97 guys age out over 60.
is it just me, but for these 60+ guys still on the panel, RETIRE FOR CHRISTS SAKE

GET A LIFE. Time to play golf, fly that RV-6 (or drive that RV) to Sun and Fun, and pick up the grandkids

PLEASE GO

sheesh
 

Clutch_Cargo

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Posts
242
Total Time
>6k
satpak77 said:
is it just me, but for these 60+ guys still on the panel, RETIRE FOR CHRISTS SAKE

GET A LIFE. Time to play golf, fly that RV-6 (or drive that RV) to Sun and Fun, and pick up the grandkids

PLEASE GO

sheesh
They've probably had one... probably more than one... and they are still trying to pay for them!

cc
 

AlbieF15

F15 Ret/FDX/InterviewPrep
Joined
Nov 25, 2001
Posts
1,764
Total Time
6000
...I want to advance as much as anyone, and I was stuck on the panel for several years...but...

Some of these guys are ex-Eastern or Braniff and have some pretty ghastly stories. They are just hanging on for a retirement.
I cast no stones at any of them, but rather use their experience as a reminder to save, invest, and diversify. None of us want to be 50 and trying to find another job. Personally, I'd rather can the A plan anyway and have them put the money in the B plan so I could leave whenver I wanted...but that's another rant.

I do remember meeting a -10 SO who had to be 65, and he told me about flying to PR and other garden spots and just having fun...and he's been here 20+ years! I guess he can do whatever he wants, but I think I'll trade flying someone else's jets up at 60 (or earlier) to fly with my kids in something else instead. I hope we all have the options...
 

TAZ MAN

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 17, 2005
Posts
271
Total Time
>10000
USNFDX said:
I moved up 97 numbers ( If anyone cares)

I think its sad that none of your guys can start up a forum that fed-ex pilots can use instead of using an interview board for all your announcements.

I don't care also. :confused:
 

Mr Zog

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Posts
153
TAZ MAN said:
I think its sad that none of your guys can start up a forum that fed-ex pilots can use instead of using an interview board for all your announcements.

I don't care also. :confused:
Taz,

Don't click on the thread then. It isn't like there are a 150-200 new threads on this site and space is at a premium. Plus, really what percentage of the threads deal with interviews to begin with? I would guess less than 5%. We get the picture already. You don't like us. Point made.

Thanks
 

LEROY

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 12, 2002
Posts
152
Total Time
3000+
To re-align this thread in the interest of aviation interviews (majors, that is...) I think it is very helpful to those looking for employment at a major (FedEx, for example) to know how the seniority list is playing out. The fact that folks are moving to the back seat instead of retiring is a good bit of info for the future interviewee. I don't think it will adversely affect hiring, though, as most (if not all) 60+ guys go to the back of the DC10 vice the Boeing. If you had to be a plumber on the slaveship to pave the way to retirement, my heart goes out to ya!
 

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Joined
Dec 17, 2003
Posts
8,573
Total Time
7,000+
Mr Zog said:
Taz,

Don't click on the thread then. It isn't like there are a 150-200 new threads on this site and space is at a premium. Plus, really what percentage of the threads deal with interviews to begin with? I would guess less than 5%. We get the picture already. You don't like us. Point made.

Thanks
Eloquently said.

I'd hope that I'd still have a job at my airline if FAA time caught up with me before I had a chance to get that majik amount in the retirement portfolio.

I would bet that a majority of those that take this option, do so because they have to, not because they want to. I only have about 6,500 hours TT and my ass hurts so much my feet tingle...I can't imagine hanging on for longer than what was neccessary.
 

FlyBoeingJets

YES, that's NICE
Joined
Mar 20, 2003
Posts
1,802
Total Time
>5000
deleted
 
Last edited:

TriStar_drvr

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 27, 2001
Posts
427
Total Time
12000+
AlbieF15 said:
...I want to advance as much as anyone, and I was stuck on the panel for several years...but...

Some of these guys are ex-Eastern or Braniff and have some pretty ghastly stories. They are just hanging on for a retirement.
I cast no stones at any of them, but rather use their experience as a reminder to save, invest, and diversify. None of us want to be 50 and trying to find another job. Personally, I'd rather can the A plan anyway and have them put the money in the B plan so I could leave whenver I wanted...but that's another rant.

I do remember meeting a -10 SO who had to be 65, and he told me about flying to PR and other garden spots and just having fun...and he's been here 20+ years! I guess he can do whatever he wants, but I think I'll trade flying someone else's jets up at 60 (or earlier) to fly with my kids in something else instead. I hope we all have the options...
I just got off a trip with an engineer who is 77 years old! He says he's going to keep flying until it isn't fun anymore. He, like most of the engineers at my company are PFEs, but we do have some retired pilots who moved back to the panel. Like the one you flew with, most are trying to make up for lost retirement income, due to airline failures, or too many ex-wives...
 

Sluggo_63

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 12, 2003
Posts
332
Total Time
7000+
USNFDX said:
4460 Total

101 guys removed

A net change of 200+ pilots.

I moved up 97 numbers ( If anyone cares)
Where do I find the list?

Papa
 

PurpleTail

Is that RMB or USD???
Joined
Nov 29, 2001
Posts
474
Total Time
6500TT
Yep, moved up 97 too. Go to 'Crew Info' and click on 'Profile Display'

Now, about that next bid...
 

TAZ MAN

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 17, 2005
Posts
271
Total Time
>10000
Mr Zog said:
Taz,

Don't click on the thread then. It isn't like there are a 150-200 new threads on this site and space is at a premium. Plus, really what percentage of the threads deal with interviews to begin with? I would guess less than 5%. We get the picture already. You don't like us. Point made.

Thanks
Its not that I don't like you guys, its that no other airline uses this board as a way to communicate with each other about your own business that most all other airlines pilots don't give a rats a$$ about. I find it interesting that there is not an established forum somewhere for you guys. Yes, much is discussed on this forum, but most of it can be interesting to a rather large group. Not the few of you that frequent this forum. You guys are a big airline and its unusual these days to find you have nowhere else to go.

I find it to be your weakness in communication as a group that I find rather surprising.

Do you ever see any other airline that is hiring say....." Hey I moved up 20 numbers this vacancy bid!!".....no you don't.

How many other pilots responded with any real interest? How many ever do?

Its just kinda of weird.

This " don't click on the thread argument" is really weak.
 

sandman2122

who's light?
Joined
Feb 4, 2004
Posts
596
Total Time
>7,000
From the "tazman"

" Its not that I don't like you guys, its that no other airline uses this board as a way to communicate with each other about your own business that most all other airlines pilots don't give a rats a$$ about."

Yeah right, how about SWA, Jetblue, Airtran, United, NWA and Delta to name a few. Cute how you won't mention what company you fly for....
 
Last edited:
Top