FDX airplane rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pecan

This may be "old" news to many of you, but I spoke with an individual after church the other day who works in long range planning. He pulled me aside and said that the 757 is going forward to the board of directors for approval or disapproval.

Don't know if anyone can shed any additional light on this, but just thought I'd pass along the rumor. I might hold off on stirring the purple paint just yet.

Ciao.

Any rumors as to where the 757s would come from? The line is closed and used ones are in short supply. I wonder, if there were a large enough order, if Boeing would retool and open up the line again. Seems to be a hole in the product line right now that can't be filled by a tired 737 design.

Noserider76 said:
Any rumors as to where the 757s would come from? The line is closed and used ones are in short supply. I wonder, if there were a large enough order, if Boeing would retool and open up the line again. Seems to be a hole in the product line right now that can't be filled by a tired 737 design.

I think Boeing's answer is the 737-900ER.

Noserider76 said:

Maybe here....
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0352839/M/

or maybe here!

http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/plan_flight/aircraft_types_layout/757-200/index.jsp

USNFDX said:

The North American airplanes from the first link are long since gone from the desert (one in the pic, has already been sold/exported to Iceland).

And, not really sure that Delta would be looking to get rid of any 757; as they just agreed to lease 10 that AA are sending back to the leasor starting next year (the ex TW birds).

The previous post was totally correct, as 757 are in fairly short supply, as many have been sent to Asia and Europe in recent years, due to high demand. Would be nice to see Boeing start up the line again, but don't see it happening, even with a serious order for 100 or so airfames. Possible, but not likely, as they want to sell new "Dreamliners."

DA

Latest resources

Back