FDX airplane rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
P3tarbaby said:
I've heard it from two GOOD sources that 75's are a done deal...140+ to be announced within the next 60 days

I heard the same thing from a management type the other day...very reliable source...

VaB said:
Yeah, I heard the same thing 3 years ago. And in the same breath, they said we would have 7000 pilots by 2007.

I have heard we've got a TA, but still haven't seen that.

ditto...........

A300...The replacement isn't "gonna" be the bus....it already is the bus.

We picked up CPS, TYS, BNA, and of course LBB (that you could have kept...thank you very little) in the last month or so..production line is still open and more are commin every month.

The bus burns about what the 75 does (10k an hour) but carries many more cans, and can handle containers in the lower level that the 75 cannot handle.

All I know is that I signed on to LMS the other day and saw 73 courseware loaded.

757 Bids

Ok,

IF we get 757s, you guys think Capt will go more senior or more junior than the 727?

I'll bet junior....only 30ish 727 Capts moved to wide body right seat last time when 200+ WB Capt seats were available. I think most of the upper 50% of that seniority list is anchored in the 727 Capt seat to retirement age.

Personally, I'd love to fly the 75...always thought it was a neat looking jet.

P3tarbaby said:
I've heard it from two GOOD sources that 75's are a done deal...140+ to be announced within the next 60 days

For the prosperity of your pilot group, I hope you do. BUT, where are you going to get 140+? There aren't that many in the desert (the ones that are are probably crap), and I don't know of too many airlines getting rid of theirs, etc. I would be very leary of those kinds of rumors. UPS abounds in them. :rolleyes: As many have said, believe it when they are painted on the ramp and ready to go.

Good luck to y'all on your TA! :D

Latest resources

Back