Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More rumor mongering

Albie,

Well you are right......boeing FO is a nice gig. I have noticed that the last week or so as I peel the wrappers off my MD11 books that the Capt on that jet actually has to work....majority of the cockpit setup, FMS programming etc. So I guess I can take some solice in the fact the guying sitting next to me isn't just signing 3 pieces of paper and saying "b4 start checlist". ...as the FE runs around with his hair on fire b4 block out.

Here's a good one.....I don't know how times I actually forgot to turn on the pitot heat and felt task saturated when we didn't have a PDC.

So...757 Capt senior or junior?

1stCivDiv said:
Your lunch is right next to where I just took a crap. But hey, I'll still get it for you and I will even pour you a "special" cup of coffee!! :p

I don't care who you are...that's f***ing funny!

757s are rocket ships. great airplanes to fly. I bet some 757s would be from companies looking to chop their fleets like Delta

1stCivDiv said:
Your lunch is right next to where I just took a crap. But hey, I'll still get it for you and I will even pour you a "special" cup of coffee!! :p

I've mixed a few "special ones" myself back in the day..............

Where are all of these 757s going to come from??

big_al said:
757s are rocket ships. great airplanes to fly. I bet some 757s would be from companies looking to chop their fleets like Delta

Don't know of any airlines that are looking to "chop" 757s from their fleets; but of course, I guess someone will correct me, if I am wrong in this. In fact, from what I understand the type is in high demand worldwide, especially from the growing airline markets in Europe and Asia.

Also, don't work form Delta, but been well written about (even on here); that Delta is 'adding' 757s. About a month or so ago, they inked a deal to lease 10 of the 757s (the ex-TWA birds, as they don't match the rest of the AA fleet) that AA is returning to the leasing company next year.

And, the NW guys can talk of this, but from what I understand, NW is planning on returning all of the 757s (about 12-15) back into service that they parked in the desert.

US is losing 3 757s next year because the leasor will not renew the leases, because they can get a lot more money by sending the A/C overseas. And, they are currently looking for more RR powered 757s to replace those airframes.

The 757 appears to be in 'high demand' because there is no other narrow-body A/C out there that will do what it will do, domestic/int'l, payload/range wise. Also, because it is nolonger in production.

Don't really see FedEx getting a large# of 757s, definitely Not Cheap, unless they can get Boeing to restart the line with a "Big Order?" Possible, but remember, Boeing is really more interested in selling 'Deamliners' rather than 'old model'???

Could be wrong in all of this, but just my $0.02.

DA

Sniz

My guess is 757 FO slot goes VERY senior as some guys (maybe even widebody guys?) bid to try to get bumped for training as other guys upgrade. Captain? Probably a bit more senior as it is a nice, quiet glass jet. Guys who hold decent stuff on 727 FO spot (like me) will likely camp out and ride it a while...ala what the DC10 FO guys did. Upgrading for no more pay and a lot more work doesn't add up...even if the 757 is gorgeous.

FWIW...2 years ago we were BUYING US Air 737s...next week...really...talked to a guy who's building up the training program and a tech guys who is working on loader issues.... I'm not SCOFFING a new jet, but I've seen how slowly things really do happen sometimes. The only "Bolt from the blue" I recall in my time here were a few "no rumor first" clean up bids and the postal contract renewal.

Latest resources

Back