FDX airplane rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PlaneDrvr said:
The North American airplanes from the first link are long since gone from the desert (one in the pic, has already been sold/exported to Iceland).

.....I think those were National Airlines 757s.

skiandsurf said:
.....I think those were National Airlines 757s.

Correct, sorry, I mis-typed, that is what I meant to state, National Airlines; Thinking one thing and typing another.

DA

Theory:

NWA and DAL merge. No need for the 757s (even though they are Pratt powered for both companies). New Nodelta Airlines flies narrow body 737 AND A320s, sells DC9s to some banana republic (my apologies to those of you from said Banana Republic)--flies lots of 70 seat RJs to feed narrow/wide body fleet, gets domestic widebody flying from 767, medium international distance from the A330, long international distance from 777 and soon to be 787, no more 747-400s (or shifted to what is now a very profitable NWA Cargo--Nodelt Cargo I guess).

Shazzzzaaaammmm!!!!

Paint all those 757s purple. Man, that was easy!!

dhampton said:
What ever happened to the 737s? Are you guys still getting those?

Since none of the legacies folded Fred never could rack up a big order of 73's at a deep discount. He was just sittin around with cash in hand... waiting...but they all just limped along. Dont'cha ever wonder where the airline industry would be if UA or Airways would of shut down?

Wildmanny said:
Theory:

NWA and DAL merge. No need for the 757s (even though they are Pratt powered for both companies). New Nodelta Airlines flies narrow body 737 AND A320s, sells DC9s to some banana republic (my apologies to those of you from said Banana Republic)--flies lots of 70 seat RJs to feed narrow/wide body fleet, gets domestic widebody flying from 767, medium international distance from the A330, long international distance from 777 and soon to be 787, no more 747-400s (or shifted to what is now a very profitable NWA Cargo--Nodelt Cargo I guess).

Shazzzzaaaammmm!!!!

Paint all those 757s purple. Man, that was easy!!

Airliners.net called. They want their post back. :) jk.

I was in for recurrent recently and overheard a few instructors talking about getting 757s. I'm like everyone else though, I'll believe it when they are on the ramp painted purple!

I don't think you are going to find too many used ones. I am hoping you guys can talk Boeing into opening the 75 line again with a huge order. Southwest had too much input on the 737NG. You can stretch it and add fuel tanks but it's still a 737. The 757 is a much more capable machine.

I've heard it from two GOOD sources that 75's are a done deal...140+ to be announced within the next 60 days

Latest resources

Back