• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FDX airplane rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cmon 1800. Why do people need to be leary of a rumor? It's all speculation and really doesn't matter. FedEx will find a replacement when they need to. In the meantime, rumor away.

This FO won't be jumping to the 757 anytime soon. Someone once told me you had to go out and do a pre-flight on a 2 man crew, EVEN if it was RAINING! I also hear that you have to use that thingy/do-hickey/whatchamacallit and do something that gives your takeoff speeds and stuff. I hear you even sometimes have to write stuff down on paperwork.

757? Sexy lines. Two man cockpit? Sounds like real work. I'll pass...

AlbieF15 said:
This FO won't be jumping to the 757 anytime soon. Someone once told me you had to go out and do a pre-flight on a 2 man crew, EVEN if it was RAINING! I also hear that you have to use that thingy/do-hickey/whatchamacallit and do something that gives your takeoff speeds and stuff. I hear you even sometimes have to write stuff down on paperwork.

757? Sexy lines. Two man cockpit? Sounds like real work. I'll pass...

Amen Albie....Amen

I hear all these folks just panting at the thought of driving that "other" Boeing product. All I hear is the sound of one less engine and one less paycheck.

With only two guys they might even require the guy that sits next to the Captain to know some systems. The horror!!! :eek:

No thanks, I'll just stay where I am. Being radar vector equipped has its advantages. Now where's my lunch?

Your lunch is right next to where I just took a crap. But hey, I'll still get it for you and I will even pour you a "special" cup of coffee!! :p

1800 RVR said:
For the prosperity of your pilot group, I hope you do. BUT, where are you going to get 140+? There aren't that many in the desert (the ones that are are probably crap), and I don't know of too many airlines getting rid of theirs, etc. I would be very leary of those kinds of rumors. UPS abounds in them. :rolleyes: As many have said, believe it when they are painted on the ramp and ready to go.

Good luck to y'all on your TA! :D

It's not like they are going to get them all overnight. If they do get them, they will be acquired over a long period of time. The 727 will be around there for quite awhile longer. On a similar note, UPS confirmed yesterday (not publically, but at the flight training center management meeting yesterday) that UPS is getting approximately 40 used 767s. They are getting at least 7 next year. This is not a rumor, but will be announced publically soon.

TheGuat said:
On a similar note, UPS confirmed yesterday (not publically, but at the flight training center management meeting yesterday) that UPS is getting approximately 40 used 767s. They are getting at least 7 next year. This is not a rumor, but will be announced publically soon.

Yeah, this has been floating around for awhile now. We'll see...

1800 RVR said:
Yeah, this has been floating around for awhile now. We'll see...

Ask any 757 G/S instuctor. They have been told to prepare to teach any and all engine combinations on the 767. Meaning they will not be getting just GE powered 767s but any they can get their hands on. This acquisition is also the reason that the ONT CQ has been moved to MIA this year, to free up sim time in SDF to train the crews for the new planes. This is not a rumor, it's a done deal. It has just not been made public yet.

You were thinking?

Latest resources

Back