• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FBO etiquette

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also, whats with people wearing their phones (or blackberries) on their belts with the ringer on the highest volume....

Vibrate? After a day spent teaching in piston twins, you think I can feel anything, let alone hear anything? My POS cell phone doesn't have an indoor detector to know when to go into quiet mode. I'm just happy if the POS cell phone will actually receive 4 out of 5 calls without needing to reboot.

I set it for the ramp and leave it there. If you don't like loud noises, wear ear plugs and get out of aviation.

How about the guys who start both engines, and just sit there. Are you guys filing a flight plan, getting a standard pilot WX briefing, AND doing the first flight of the day checklist? The fractional guys are the worst in those straight wing Citations

The Citation Ultra is extra noisy on the ramp, and it takes forever for our gyro's to spool up. Usually a diamond, i mean beech400, mm hawker 400 hoggn the GPU.
There should be a man law against watching some crap TV show in a pilot lounge. Monk is not acceptable, Walker Texas Ranger is!.

I fly with a guy who uses a knee board in the airplane and stands at the urinal with his pants down to his knees.

Hey dipsh!t,

I have to use the kneeboard because you suck as a copilot. Not only do I have to fly the plane, but I have to read checklists, copy clearances and talk on the radio because you can't seem to stop twittling your beanbag for 2 seconds. There is no way I would be able to do it all without that kneeboard

I do that thing in the bathroom cause I know it pisses you off. It's the only way I can get back at you for all of the misery you cause me. Next week I start wearing a thong... enjoy the show!

Cue the cat screeching...

Vibrate? After a day spent teaching in piston twins, you think I can feel anything, let alone hear anything? My POS cell phone doesn't have an indoor detector to know when to go into quiet mode. I'm just happy if the POS cell phone will actually receive 4 out of 5 calls without needing to reboot.

I set it for the ramp and leave it there. If you don't like loud noises, wear ear plugs and get out of aviation.

Easy there...I think everyone here is half joking (except for the pants-around-the-ankles-guy).

The phone may not have an indoor detector, but your brain does. And if you can't figure that "POS Cell phone" out maybe you should turn in that mighty "piston twin" for a nice 152.

And I don't mind loud noises, just annoying noises like piston twins and people on public boards that cannot take a joke.

i remember the days of flying coporate. hint-the ladies behind the desk dont think you are cool. they are not impressed with the cities you have been. their entire job is to act interested and laugh at your jokes. after all, there were 10 other guys blabbing about the same thing yesterday. just smile, give the fuel order, and walk away. if they want any more information or stories theyll ask.

Never seen a pilot use it but ******************************s with those nextel walkie talkies need to be murdered. BEEP.....yeah Shawn we need to move those concrete slabs over to Johnson's place. BEEP..... Ok. BEEP....And tell Dave he needs to get off his ass and work. And by the way EVERYONE needs to hear about how you fricked that fat chick at Ryan's party. Because the world will end NOW if we don't. I DONT FRICKIN CARE ******************************!! Sorry had to vent.

Latest resources

Back