• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FBO etiquette

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What I hate the most, is when other pilots keep coming into the weather room and then walking right back out to the hall and tell their copilot something about wishing I was off the only computer in the FBO so they could check the weather. Who do they think they are. Maybe they should complain to the manager about not having two computers, so I could check on that big ole pilot watch I'm watching on Ebay while I'm typing this. That might speed things up.
I don't care if they are ready to go and need to look at the line of weather thats forming. They can see it when they get in the air. I've got six more hours to wait, and I've got to do something to kill time.

I hope you're not serious. Let the guys that have business to do use the one computer. With six more hours to wait time ahead of you, check ebay later.

and what about the guys that take a crap in the ladies bathroom, clog the toilette, and then break the handle off.

How about the guys who start both engines, and just sit there. Are you guys filing a flight plan, getting a standard pilot WX briefing, AND doing the first flight of the day checklist? The fractional guys are the worst in those straight wing Citations. And why do the line guys where I go, always complain about Flight Options Pilot tipping the least and being the rudest? The bad part is that there are so many of these pilots making a bad name for themselves.

Regarding the straight-wing Citations:
you're exactly right! those CE-500 guys are the worst for sitting with both turning while scaring off all the birds/linemen/pilots, etc.. I don't understand, and due to the consistency, it must be something taught. I haven't flown a Citation so I don't know.

Regarding Flight Options Pilots:
I AM a Flight Options pilot and I'm sorry you have a bad taste in your mouth for us. I apologize, on behalf of the good among us, for the jerk(s) you ran into. As far as tipping goes, that's dictated (read that....reimbursed) per Company policy. Don't shoot the messenger.

flyboycpa

How about the guys who start both engines, and just sit there. Are you guys filing a flight plan, getting a standard pilot WX briefing, AND doing the first flight of the day checklist? The fractional guys are the worst in those straight wing Citations.

I fly one of those straight wing Citations, being one of those fractional guys your complaning about. The problem is that we have to wait for gyro spinup, several of the self tests we are required to do will not work until the gyros are up and running. Most of the time we get everything else done on our checklist possible and still have to wait for the gyros. (Sometimes even having the gyros prespun with a gpu doesn't help.)

Our first flight day check in the citation V ultra (that is once the engines are running) only consists of a t/r check (at taxi off the ramp) and a GPWS check (will not test right until gyro spinup.)

I agree that they checklists are not exactly set up to get us off of the ramp as soon as possible, but then again we are always ready when we get the short taxi at places like the taxi from Jims Air to the runway in San Diego.

Last edited:
What I hate is the fact that I just spent the last half hour reading this entire thread realizing just how screwed I really am. Oh, and that I don't wear tighty-whiteys.

How about the guys who start both engines, and just sit there. Are you guys filing a flight plan, getting a standard pilot WX briefing, AND doing the first flight of the day checklist? The fractional guys are the worst in those straight wing Citations. And why do the line guys where I go, always complain about Flight Options Pilot tipping the least and being the rudest? The bad part is that there are so many of these pilots making a bad name for themselves.

Gyro spin up ! DUH

Ultra and Encore gyros will spin up just fine on the taxi out. No need to just sit there and twiddle your thumbs making noise. Must be something else. In fact I don't believe I've actually waited for the gyros to spin up in the Primus 1000 or any of the other EFIS displays. They'll come up in about a minute.

Latest resources

Back