Favorite words of a new Lear 24 F/O

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And Dirt,

As I said in an earlier post, I don't agree with the ABA on about 95% of the things they say. So, apparently your reading skills are a little suspect. Awards have become way too high, and billing $450 an hour at a top firm is out of whack. But, in an example of to support that attorneys are a good idea, North Carolina did away with the requirement of having an attorney at closing, when you buy a house. Your telling me that you are putting your whole life savings on the line with a $400k house, and you are going to look over a 100 page closing packet with no advice? I find that troubling, even if I were the house purchaser. The bank has an attorney, the title insurance company has an attorney, but you don't. Sure, save yourself $250-500, but when all of those entities come after you, do you know your rights?

The only reason that there are attorneys, is that there are bright line rules governing a world that does not operate on bright line rules on a day to day basis.. There is always an exception that someone needs advocated. We are only here to clarify and advocate for you in the grey areas. And that requires a fundamental understanding of how to research the issue, respond to the other advocate, and create a stance for/or against.

Dirt, for you to make a statement like that, means that you really don't like being an American. The forefathers gave you an opportunity to argue anything. But, not the education to understand how to get it done. That is too complex. Just as we all were not taught how to fly, right out of the womb. Many could say the same thing about CFI's. The regs and operational requirements, are so burdensome that I need to pay a CFI $35 an hour to figure it out. See, everyone has some knowledge that they have to pay to acquire, and then must recoup the cost of, to eat.

Top gun Mav, that's a dumb-#ss question.
And let's give legal eagle a little room to breathe here.
Playing the devils advocate here,but he is right YOU KNOW!
What a complete D@CK head stunt to pull with pax right after take-off.
Even if he is an ex military world champion aerobatic pilot (NOT)
There's a time and a place for everything.
I would have reported him if I had seen it.
Will tell y'all a little story:

Once upon a time not too long ago I saw a pilot preflighting his Citation. Well, he kicked the tires and opened the door.
He was clearly the owner/pilot.
Loaded up grandma and grandpa and 5 or more kids<14 . ( so about 3 pax more then seats)
His pregnant wife took the right seat holding a small baby and not able to use the shoulderbelt.
Now lets see,how many violations do we have racked up already.
That's not the only point it's just plain stupid and dangerous.
Taxies out and takes off.
I traced the N number on the net and called the FSDO in Memphis (his home base).Unfortunately on a sunday nobody home.. ...
But I would have reported him.
I have to drive like a little old lady(see different thread) watch whatever I drink or eat, have spent $70,000 have been broke ever since I started in aviation..now it has all been worth it..would do it again...but not to see some idiot ruin it for the rest of us.
By all means pro-rollers..do it..plenty of people to take your job.
Do not forget what it takes to get there in the first place.
This comes as close to the Darwin award as those South West drinky drinky pilots.

What do these questions have to do with my opinions about lawyers? Do you want a date or something?? Sorry I'm not gay.

ps I bet daddy didn't help you one bit getting that 100k in loans either.... aaahhhh right.

For your info the I fly for fun no need for commercial ticket. age:28 Degree in POS / Neal Boortz is the "source"

And you can take that 160k law degree and shove it up your a$$.

legaleagle,

I do think some are being a tad harsh on you in this thread, but you came off as an arrogant j@ckass by the way that you posted this "incident". I did quite a few test flights in a Lear 45 out of HOU for AJ after they would do light/heavy mx on the aircraft, and guess what we did empty? Yup, you sure got that right. (it is called "fun") !! Was it "unsafe"? I think not....I am still here to talk about it as well as the others. everything in this industry cannot be considered "unsafe" if you are well within the aircraft's operating envelope and you know when and when not to push the limits. Most of the more experienced aviators who frequent this board I am sure will second this. I am a tad dissapointed that avbug has not chimed in yet although I am sure he probably will.

There is not need to insult others with 10X the experience and flight time that you have, no argument will be won that way. If in your opinion you felt these guys were so "unsafe" to report them then you did indeed do the correct thing but your "use of words" in your initial post leaves a lot to be desired and that is the "reason" why you are getting attacked.

I wish you luck

3 5 0

ps> look at the airlines that have "NO" pilots on furlough present day before you throw that word around.!!

Dirt,

One, got the loan solely on my credit after busting my ass on Wall Street for 3 years,and then starting my own company that I successfully sold after two years. Two, I fly for fun too, just wanted to get the commercial and instrument to make me sharper and as a challenge. Three, you sound gay. :) Man this is childish. Four, your education is from a libertarian radio host? For the love of god. I am libertarian to some degree as well. I think most would agree you have a screw loose Five, pm me for my address in the Beantown, my 6'4 230 lb figure will be glad to shove it up your ass anytime. I will even fly you up here in my plane before I do it. Maybe I will do it as I fly you up here. Maybe I will have my girlfriend do it. Maybe my mom could do it.

Man, people like you make this fun. Hope to see you!

ok, i'm gonna take legaleagle's side here for just a second...let's just say that this wasn't the smartest of moves...

...BUT...

...a point that every one keeps saying is about the pax on board...and that got me thinking...what about the pax...how do you know that they didn't encourage this? might have said something like, "let do somethign 'fun'"...just a thought, take it how you will...

editied for spelling...:D

Last edited:

Point taken. Initial post was supposed to a suggestion for the pilots here, based on a criticism of the Lear pilot. I was not intending to brag or sound arrogant. And if so, my sincere apologies. Second, I am assuming that while you rolled an aircraft, you did not roll an aircraft within 500 ft of the ground. Third, would I want to be doing rolls and loops, even on a 172, on its initial post maintenance ride. No, but that's just my conservative self.

And finally, I am not intending to insult anyone that has not already responded to my initial post in a derogatory manner. There are of course many people that agree with me, and those who I'm sure don't. But, the only ones who have posted threads that have been personally insulting, rather than on point, are pilots who have no basis for saying that I am wrong, other than I am a "prude", a *(U) or whatever. So, that leads me to believe that my assertion of the stupidty still stands as valid.

To those in the forum that contribute constructively, I truly am sorry for any confusion. This has gotten way out of hand. I think the majority of safe pilots agree that this was maneuver was in error. My intention of posting it, was not to say that I reported him, and yeehaw for me, but rather to suggest that this was not a smart move. If I had posted just a description of the maneuver, I imagine that I would have 400 people saying that was the most idiotic thing they had heard.

Thanks 350.

legaleagle,

Nice response, sorry for my negative first response. This is one rowdy bunch on this board so you may want to purchase some protective equipment for when you sign on, especially that adorable and nice jmm guy.:D

good luck to you

3 5 0

> It was always fun in the 45 to get cleared up to 10,000 on takeoff.- fun is fun as long as you can be safe for a desired outcome for all parties involved whether they be involved directly or indirectly.

Last edited:
actually the FAA's charter is to promote air commerce.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back