Favorite words of a new Lear 24 F/O

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Legaleagle,

I certainly have no sympathy for those Lear pilots, but you came across as a sanctimonious S0B, it sounded like you were bragging about getting these guys violated.

Should they be violated, you bet. Sure the Lear has a great roll rate (or so I’m told;)) and with the momentum he was carrying when he pulled up there was no immediate danger of hitting anything. The main issue here is his judgment, and rolling a Lear (especially in front of witnesses) is plain a$$ stupid.

Yes, you did the right thing by calling the FSDO, but that’s nothing to be proud of!

Alright, for the last time...

Ok, so I am going to say this for the third and last time. I believe this is the third post that I am discussing my intent. My intent was not to brag, nor was it to sound holier than thou. I was merely trying to tell a story to those that like to hear stupid stories on this forum. Additionally, I hoped that the story might act as a deterrent for the small handful of people that might be tempted to try a similar stunt. Might save them a violation, might save a life, might save some company some money. I want the same scrutiny applied to me! It does not take a certain amount of experience, or type in a certain plane, to know the operational Part 91 regs. These are common operational rules.

Perhaps my tone came across as too lecturing. I apologize for the third and last time. That does not change the fact that I reported it, and I would report it again. Forget my employment status, forget my screenname, forget my experience level, forget my love for flying, forget my respect for pilots and the profession, and forget my legal and operational experience, however small or extensive that it is.

it would be pretty cool to continue with some more of the original impressions of new lear pilots... I kind 'a enjoyed reading it until WW3 started.

Welcome to flightinfo.com...

Yeah you'll go far if you can't deal...

... with demanding pax or other's unreasonable expectations

...a point that every one keeps saying is about the pax on board...and that got me thinking...what about the pax...how do you know that they didn't encourage this? might have said something like, "let do somethign 'fun'"...just a thought, take it how you will...

How about the Gulfstream crash in Aspen?

What makes a professional? Do you just do what's right when you think someone's looking?

To all who give a rats ***

What the Lear driver did is wrong, but who are any of us to judge. We all have made errors in judgement, and such. That is what makes this country great is our freedom to voice our opinions, but not judge.
As far as the Lear goes, hmmm I have about 6000+ PIC Lear 23,24,25 yes the ole 28 longhorn, 35,36, 55. Hmmm way to many lonely hours. The lear is a great aircraft and look at its original intention It will handle the stess, hmmm stay positive you will be just fine. I do NOT NOT NOT recommend this though for anyone. I am also a certified recert test pilot for Mark II wings for anyone wants my background. I have done a great deal of work with Dee Howard and many of their test pilots.
For the one who stated a Lear losing one engine loses half the thrust Hmmm, let me think back, not the whole truth. Study a bit more, not putting you down just take a look at another book on this. Ole the old V1 cut. I give you this the Lear 25 at 82 degree's and sea level takes right at 186 lbs of rudder pressure to maintain directional control with little or no, hmmm another bad move aileron input. Of course you Lear drivers know that aft CG is always what % MAC I like my CG at 26 doing recerts on Mark 2 wings. Hmmm enough of that, just to justify my Lear knowledge and background. Lets dont judge each other, just voice our opinions and keep the insults, degrading remarks to a min God bless and safe flying to ALL

huncowboy said:
it would be pretty cool to continue with some more of the original impressions of new lear pilots... I kind 'a enjoyed reading it until WW3 started.

O.K. This came out of my mouth one night at YIP in a 24D: Power set, uhhh....rotate! (at about Vr + 10) :D

And to continue WW3...

It's nice to know we have a bunch of Gold Seal CFI/Av. Safety Inspectors watching over our sholders ready to squeal to the FAA when they have no clue to begin with. :rolleyes:

What the Lear driver did is wrong, but who are any of us to judge. We all have made errors in judgement

Judgement is a stretch here..
Who are we (in this case legaleagle) to judge; not sure, but it seems like he has a solid "case" of what he saw; and judged right in my opinion.
We can go without these a$$holes.
And I will most definately do the same.

I do not want to share airspace with pilots who can't identify bad judgement from stupidity.

Again; legaleagle, you did the right thing

Legaleagle

Sometimes you have to "squeal" on people to get them to shape up and keep everyone else safe. Like it or not, antics like that Lear are unsafe for not only themselves, but other people as well.

I have no problem with idiots taking themselves out of the foodchain Darwinism style, but I do have a problem when they may potentially take others out with their moronic antics.

Good call Legaleagle.

To those who do not agree with Legaleagle's decision to report, I'd be interested to hear why. (Notice this has nothing to do with whether Legaleagle has been gloating about the reporting, etc. It merely asks what it asks, his decision to report the "occurance.") And try to give your reasoning some substance. Something more than just "People that report to the FAA are morons."

Latest resources

Back