• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Favorite words of a new Lear 24 F/O

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cleared for takoff, if it's the F/O's leg.
Pushing the throttles forward on a Lear 24 is second to no civilian airplane I've ever flown.

Last edited:
I thought it would be
Holy Fucck........cause there is about to be two targets on the radar. The a/c and the new f/o

Oh yeah, I remember that first takeoff....

I think I was supposed to level off at 3000' too.

One caveat however.

A head's up to anyone, not just a Lear 24 PIC/FO, that decides to do aerobatic work right after takeoff. I was flying a 182 on Sat, landed at Hanscom outside Boston where I am based. I get out the plane, and I see what I thought to be a Lear 24 taxiing pretty fast out to 23. Heard him on the radio as Lifeguard. Next thing I know, as I am walking into the terminal, I look back and see him wheel's up, flying level at about 50 ft above the deck, to the end of 23. At the end he pulls up, and at about 200-400 ft, he initiates a 360 barrell roll. Then pulls up at about a 45 degree angle and climbs out. I reported it to the inspectors in Burlington, because it was idiotic to pull that move that low.

I find out later that day that he had two nurses aboard, a FO, and medical equipment. It was a 91 repositioning flight for an air ambulance. Yesterday, I gave my statement so that they can intitiate a proceeding, because as a commercial pilot, I try to fly as safely as possible. As a law clerk, I see these stunts usually end up in loss of lives. Both for the crew, or some innocent guy on the ground. And, sure enough, they cost the insurance companies, your company, and eventually you and I, approximately, $2.5mm a life. And trust me, I am pro-defense, not plaintiff.

Anyway, apparently, the PIC, a 27 yo 3000 tt pilot claims, along with his FO, an 26 yo 800 tt female pilot, that the climb occurred with no incident, and denies even doing the barrell roll. Needless to say the tower has it on record, both on the tape and radar, and the FAA controllers saw it. In the brief version, he will likely be cited for aerobatic in Class D, below 1500, no parachutes, and careless and reckless.

Just as a word of caution, who cares what the plane is capable of? FLY SMART! If one of those nurses was your wife, would you want them screwing around?

CB

quote from legaleagle:
"Needless to say the tower has it on record, both on the tape and radar, "

They have a barrel roll on tape and radar??

You're my hero.....I feel so much safer flying knowing there are "commercial pilots" like you out there watching out for all of us.........

Yep,

You better be careful with stuff like that. You never know when there's gonna be some sanctimonous horse's a$$ hanging around who will turn you in to appease his own sense of self importance. I'm not defending the pilots' actions, but you sir are a complete and utter parasite.

legaleagle,

You have got to be the biggest clown to post that. You want a cookie? I am sure your waste of time will end up just being that, a waste of time. What made you so qualified to think "safety" was compromised? How much Lear time do you have? I kind of thought so...

get real

3 5 0

Latest resources

Back