• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Favorite words of a new Lear 24 F/O

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Holy crap! This thread's still going? I went and played 18 holes only to come back and find something like 40 new posts...unbelievable:D

HOLY CRUD!!!

Wow,

I go to class at a new airline on Monday and look what happens while I'm gone! In an attempt to answer the first poster's question, here's what a pilot's first Learjet takeoff sounds like right as the gear comes in the well:

wwwwWWSSSSHHHHHHHHH...

(Sound of increasing wind noice as airspeed accelerates.)

*DING*

(Sound of altitude alerter, 1000' to go, with jet now climbing in excess of 4000 fpm.)

*THUNK/BUZZZZZ*

(Sound of thrust levers being slammed to idle, setting off gear horn.)

*DING*

(Altitude alerter as jet passes 300' above assigned altitude.)

"#*!@!!"

*SWEESWEESWEESWEE*

(Overspeed warning as jet passes throught 307 Knots indicated.)

What has no sound effect is the weightlessness onboard as the neophyte attempts to return quickly to the initially assigned altitude.

Three weeks away from the Learjet cockpit and I miss her a lot. But not the lifestyle.

SDVdriver:

"No did not count the seats myself, but rest assured looked up the tail # and the specs and c'mon the plane did not have the seats for the pax. (Why do you keep arguing about that point?)"

Well, there you have it folks. SDVdriver, by his own admission, said he called the FAA on this guy because he was flying with too many people in the aircraft. But he NEVER actually saw how many seats were physically in the aircraft. You looked up the "specs" of the aircraft?? WTF? You are really showing you jet aircraft ignorance now. Citations of the same exact type, can have any different number and configuration of seats. And it could have changed any number of times since it left the factory. Face it, you have absoulutely no clue how many seats were in the aircraft. You are grasping at straws here.

As far as why I keep arguing that point....Well, you said you called the FAA on this guy because you think he didn't have enough seats. But you never actually saw inside the aircraft! All you have are your assumptions. What I and others are trying to point out is that there could have been enough seats. There is no "standard" configuration that ALL citations of the same type have.

Again with the preflight, do you actually know that he didn't do a more detailed one earlier in the day? Or is this another one of your uneducated assumptions?

quote:
"And please not everybody knows about free wheeling jet engines and your spec company ops regarding nav. lights.
So if you please..a little less arrogance would suit you better.
If I'm not mistaken (somebody will prove me wrong now) everybody started out flying SE not knowing diddly about anything else."

That is pretty much my ENTIRE POINT TO YOU!! YOU DON'T KNOW! You don't know! You have posted zero facts to back yourself up. You have shown that you know absolutely nothing about citations (you said he didn't do a proper preflight because you have "seen" a citation preflight done before for crying out loud). Have you ever even been in a citation?? You DON"T know about this stuff......yet you called the FAA to rat on a guy that you THINK was acting improperly!!

I think I've made my point. I am sure that any of the professional pilots (who might actually have time in citations, and have ACTUAL knowledge of them) reading your posts can see right through to the truth.

CDVDriver

CDVDriver....

Let me get this straight. You tried to turn in a fellow pilot, based on what you thought was the correct number of seats in an aircraft you have never even been in or flown????

I would have to agree with JohnDoe. That is an extremely unfair thing to try and do to a fellow pilot.

How would you feel if someone called the FAA on you, because they thought you were, maybe a little over gross on a hot day???

I know I would be really pissed...flying is how I put food on the table for my family, and I suspect you also fly to feed your family. So to have some half-wit turn me in for absolutely nothing is just wrong!!!!

BTW. I have a few thousand hours of Citation time, and it is fairly common to to a complete pre-flight before the first flight of the day and then do less complete walk arounds at intermediate stops....please don't call the FAA on me for that....just kidding :)

legaleagle said:
Dirt, how old are you? You aren't commercial yet. Did you go to college?

Rather than give me a BS quote of some "guy" or "magazine" that told you that a Texas law may or may not have existed, can you find me the particular TX statute on point?

I can.

Go back to polishing your knob...Then, perhaps you will be able to see your reflection, and see what a loser you are.

Eagle. In my other life outside the airlines, my business requires that I deal with lawyers on a constant basis. Your language and tone do not sound like anything that the legal community would embrace or produce.

A piece of advice that will probably be ignored.

Flame away.

legaleagle said:
Minh,

No problem dude. I hate them because they have made insurance premiums and operating costs outrageous in the U.S. Most people hate them because they bill too high. But, as one who just spent $160,000 on law school in the Beantown, and am spending another $10k just to take the California Bar in July, which will allow me to do nothing more than give me the opportunity to find an aviation law job where I can defend pilots, operators, and airports, I hope that I can recoup some of that. :)

It sounds like you are trying to recoup some of it through the accused. Did you send the accused a business card and tell them you will defend them against the allegations you witnessed and reported. I can read, I know you are not yet a lawyer but it sounds like you are practicing for future business. You are bragging about what you have done and when questioned you revert to name calling. You have a good racket going on, witnesss something, report it, and defend the accused as thier attorney, I should have thought of it first.

Let me get this straight. This guy did a roll right after takeoff, then climbed at a 45 degree deck angle, at 4,000fpm? Was he doing it single-engine? That would be gutsy.

Thank you, LJDRVR...

for acurately recreating the first takeoff in a Lear and so eloquently putting it into words.

I havn't read all the threads but I thought I would pass on this story. I was flying a LR-24 from FXE to PIE. I had a new FO,(ex-Convair pilot) we took off and zipped over there in about 30 minutes or so. When we arrived a mechanic came up to me rather upset. He was a friend of the FO and the FO hadn't even said hi to him and we have been on the ground for twenty minutes. I said Oh don't worry he looks like he is here but the reality is that he hasn't arrived yet, give him about another hour or so.

Latest resources

Back