• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Favorite words of a new Lear 24 F/O

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Though I agree that the pilots needed to be reported (thats the ATC's job), but it's not something to brag about.

Now the Learjet is a fine aerobatic plane though. Two years ago I saw one doing rolls and loops at Sun n Fun.

I will tell you this, if my wife or g/f had been one of the nurse's on board, those two would have had another air ambulance ride.. in the back.

You know what, I was making the point, that I thought that it was a maneuver that was way too close to the ground, the opinion about which was reiterated by 3 inspectors, two ATC controllers, and about 3-6 other ATP rated pilots that saw it while on the ground. The inspectors, as well as a couple of the other Lear pilots, that I talked with, each had over 1000 TT of LEAR TIME, and two had over 2500 TT in LEARS!

Key word, you thought it was a maneuver that was too close to the ground. I am sure you had the best view standing next to the runway and you knew the exact angle of climb, power setting, speed, etc,? riiiight (a tad of sarcasm injected). It is none of your business to go after pilots because of what "you thought" took place. If you like the FAA so much and have a hard on for em then by all means go and work there and then you can be a inspector. If something illegal did indeed take place then let the controllers initiate the action(s) against the pilots. How many people were injured or killed? That would be correct..

You know, furthermore, just because we are pilots, and they are FAA, I am frankly a little sick of the constant bitching and moaning in this forum about how the FAA are the bad guys. I have now worked on the side of the FAA, and yes, like every agency, they have their faults, and less than dynamic personalities,and they have come up with some doozies, in the enforcement realm. But, they have a job to do, I had a job to do. I investigated the legal basis and the merits of the investigation of the inspector, and suggested an appropriate sanction. Sometimes the final action was less than suggested, because it was a first time offense, or it was inadvertent. But, as long as they aren't arb and capricious in their enforcement, if you did something wrong, you should be sanctioned. THAT GOES FOR ME TOO!

I do not recall many on this board that refers to the FAA as the "bad guys", in fact some of my closest friends are inspectors and I personally have had nothing but pleasant and positive experiences with my dealings with the numerous fsdo's that I have come in contact with over the years.

I think you may be in the wrong career field. . . Your actions thus far have not moved me or swayed me in any other direction. Lighten up and keep the "emotions" from getting the better part of you.

3 5 0

Dizel, you are an ass. I sincerely hope that if I ever try this maneuver at 200 ft, I end up in your living room, and take you with me. That goes for all of you who think this guy was justified. What if your family was below this guy? You want him to try it?

Hey, I've got an idea! Let's throw sticks of dynamite around in your bedroom, and see if they go off? Sound like a good idea? Both dynamite and aircraft are safe in the right application, but hey, what the hell, let's see if we can play around the wrong way long enough, and make them explode!

Actaully, 350 driver that is the idea of the FAA enforcement hotline. If you think something went wrong as a layman, you should report it, and let more experienced people figure it out. Second, I thought this was wrong because even at 4000fpm, how high are you after 1-2 seconds after takeoff. Get out your E6-B.

And for the other comment, I am not bragging, just trying to convey an example that hopefully won't be repeated. Don't worry, I won't do it again. God Bless!

As of 4 months ago, I am the co-author of two authors on a new aviation law textbook that is being written as an updated treatise for United States Law schools, practitioners, and curious pilots.
Wow ... I'm impressed. I'll bet your little pecker was stiff all day when the teacher made you a hall monitor for the week.

Get a life .... putz. :rolleyes:

Minh

legaleagle said:
Hey, I've got an idea! Let's throw sticks of dynamite around in your bedroom

i don't know about Dynamite, but the girl friend and i occasionally set of "fireworks" in the bedroom...

"that is the idea of the FAA enforcement hotline. If you think something went wrong as a layman."

The only problem with that, is that there are those inspectors that shoot first and ask question later. You are guilty until proven innocent. Even if you are exonerated, it has a tendency to follow you. Sadly, I know one or two people who faced the Feds, both won, but it was a long, tedious and uncomfortabel experience, with potential carreer ending results.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back