• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Favorite ATC facility?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I like the guy who sounds like Billy Bob Thorton in that ridiculous controller movie....he is on ATL center. Nice guy.

The chick who is in the Traverse City Tower sounds mighty hott.

Anybody ever seen any of the female controllers that sound good looking?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the tower controller at Charlottesville, VA.

He always says 'runaway'...

"Runway 3, cleared for takeoff, fly the RUNAWAY heading!"

Hahaha, I inquired if the heading got away from him?

I know that guy. He's always said it that way and always will. He cracks me up, too. That's a contract tower facility.

Is the guy that sounds just like Paul Harvey on the radio still working in the tower at CLT? It absolutely cracked me up the first time I heard him on the tower freq...

That would be the "auctioneer" that other posts have alluded to. He is definately at the top of my favorite controller list.

I have gotten decent service just about everywhere. The most notable are the ones who have... Well, just sucked:

Miss Cleo in LGA: She should never work ground. Ever. For the rest of her life. On the other hand, she is probably responsible for a fair portion of my over blocking, so scratch that! Make her work ground, everyday. Except on my "go home" days, then get rid of her sorry a*s.

ORF TRACON: Once and for all, in the name of all that is holy, what the &*(# is up with the micro vectors! Does that five degree turn 3 miles abeam the airport when I have it in sight AND I am the only airplane in the sky really help?

BOS TWR: Alright cool guy, I can't read your mind. If you do not want me to take the first available turnoff when you have a heavy on a mile final behind me then you are going to have to tell me beforehand. I failed ESP in school. Sorry.

I am suprised that no one mentioned the controller out of STL (Back in the late 90.) that if you caught him in the right mood he would slur the so long just enuff that it would come out as shlong.

It's definitely NOT NY center, they are the whiniest controllers in the system, and are never willing to help anyone out.

Boston Center is ok, but whats up with the controller there who has a Bangladeshi accent... I think he works the upstate NY area.

Incidentally, I heard Buzz in ATL on freq. the other day saying the plan was to retire some time in the middle of this year. That'll be a sad day.

Call me biased, but I gotta go for JFK Tracon/Tower.

"Turkish 2 Heavy, can you increase your rate of climb at all.......I mean this is just horrendous."

"Delta 80 Heavy follow the Turk, monitor tower 123.90."
"Speedbird 176 Heavy follow Delta, monitor tower."
"American 44 Heavy follow the Brit, monitor tower"

(After a missed radio call on busy freq.)
"Welcome to New York sir! It's Sunday, it's busy, I need you to pay attention!"

"Comair 569, do you have enough room to get by Saudi?"
"Affirmative"
"Good sir, can you get by him and rejoin taxiway bravo?? I really need someone who knows this airport leading the pack. Can you do that for me?"

(After second missed radio call in under 2 minuters on extremely busy freq.)
"Delta 1780, turn left heading 250 intercept the runway 22 right localizer.........(silence)......ALRIGHT IF NO ONE'S GONNA LISTEN TO ME, NO ONE'S GONNA LAND!!!! DELTA 1780, TURN LEFT HEADING 250 INTERCEPT THE RUNWAY 22R LOCALIZER!!"

(During total gridlock on the field
"American 74 Heavy, do you think could make a right and.........uggghhhh......Jesus this is so screwed up..........do you see that uhh....Comair.......coming off your left.....ugghhh......you what, disregard."

"Sir do you have anyone on board the aircraft who speaks English?"

(Egyptair requesting fourth unanswered wx deviation on busy freq.)
"Egyptair.........just...just......fly any heading you want."

"AMERICAN 1416, DID HE JUST CUT YOU OFF?!?!?!! IBERIA, STOP YOUR AIRCRAFT AND HOLD SHORT OF 4L!"
(Uninteligable readback)
"WHAT??!?!?!? I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE SAYING SIR!!! JUST STOP YOUR AIRCRAFT!!!!"

"Air France 7 Heavy request taxi"
"Air France were you finally able to get your engines started?"
"Negative"
"Well, then get your engines started, sir, you wanna depart don't you??? Don't you need to get your engines started for that?? Come on, Air France!! Call me when you are actually ready to taxi."

Haha that is some great post STARSCREAM, I am a controller (yes we read these boards too) at NY TRACON in the JFK sector. That is some funny stuff you have heard. You should see what is said when the mike is not keyed up.

BTW, NY TRACON is hands down the best air traffic facility.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back