• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Favorite ATC facility?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The ORD ground guys are the best. There's a guy that works LAX Center usually late night/early morning that is good too. Several similar sounding call signs in the air East of LAS one night and he told all of them there was similar call sign so "Listen up" instead of being a dick and telling everyone they needed to have their call sign changed by company right now.

How about the guy who left RDU tower last year that over enunciated everything? Rog...errrr, turn right two nine...errrr, nine...errrrr, and contact departure, good...ddaaaaayyy. He sounded miserable but man he was funny to listen to. As for Franklin at LGA, he's actually a controllers assistant, hence you don't hear him working any position other than clearance.

Call me biased, but I gotta go for JFK Tracon/Tower.

"Turkish 2 Heavy, can you increase your rate of climb at all.......I mean this is just horrendous."

"Delta 80 Heavy follow the Turk, monitor tower 123.90."
"Speedbird 176 Heavy follow Delta, monitor tower."
"American 44 Heavy follow the Brit, monitor tower"

(After a missed radio call on busy freq.)
"Welcome to New York sir! It's Sunday, it's busy, I need you to pay attention!"

"Comair 569, do you have enough room to get by Saudi?"
"Affirmative"
"Good sir, can you get by him and rejoin taxiway bravo?? I really need someone who knows this airport leading the pack. Can you do that for me?"

(After second missed radio call in under 2 minuters on extremely busy freq.)
"Delta 1780, turn left heading 250 intercept the runway 22 right localizer.........(silence)......ALRIGHT IF NO ONE'S GONNA LISTEN TO ME, NO ONE'S GONNA LAND!!!! DELTA 1780, TURN LEFT HEADING 250 INTERCEPT THE RUNWAY 22R LOCALIZER!!"

(During total gridlock on the field
"American 74 Heavy, do you think could make a right and.........uggghhhh......Jesus this is so screwed up..........do you see that uhh....Comair.......coming off your left.....ugghhh......you what, disregard."

"Sir do you have anyone on board the aircraft who speaks English?"

(Egyptair requesting fourth unanswered wx deviation on busy freq.)
"Egyptair.........just...just......fly any heading you want."

"AMERICAN 1416, DID HE JUST CUT YOU OFF?!?!?!! IBERIA, STOP YOUR AIRCRAFT AND HOLD SHORT OF 4L!"
(Uninteligable readback)
"WHAT??!?!?!? I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE SAYING SIR!!! JUST STOP YOUR AIRCRAFT!!!!"

"Air France 7 Heavy request taxi"
"Air France were you finally able to get your engines started?"
"Negative"
"Well, then get your engines started, sir, you wanna depart don't you??? Don't you need to get your engines started for that?? Come on, Air France!! Call me when you are actually ready to taxi."

Is the guy that sounds just like Paul Harvey on the radio still working in the tower at CLT? It absolutely cracked me up the first time I heard him on the tower freq...

I'll second ORD ground controllers as being the best anywhere around...DFW was not too bad most of the time, although calling the "queue" freq to verify the rwy and first fix in the FMS was kinda stupid.

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the tower controller at Charlottesville, VA.

He always says 'runaway'...

"Runway 3, cleared for takeoff, fly the RUNAWAY heading!"

Hahaha, I inquired if the heading got away from him?

There you have it ladies and gentlemen... pure, unadulterated wit in all its glory.

ORD Ground for sure!

There's a guy that works IND that I like. Real deep calm voice, even when it's busy.

MKE controllers are average at best.

My hat definitely goes off to the NY controllers though. Everyone thinks they're pricks but anyone that can handle that much traffic is awesome!

What about Roger for Chicago center, is he still there? That guy would give direct or headings all the time and hold long conversations like he wasn't busy, then the next controller could not handle what he did.

I second the vote for Mr. Rogers at ORD center... "Welcome Aboard!"

I like the guy who sounds like Billy Bob Thorton in that ridiculous controller movie....he is on ATL center. Nice guy.

The chick who is in the Traverse City Tower sounds mighty hott.

Anybody eve

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back