• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Favorite ATC facility?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're not implying that controllers talk about pilots while the mic's off are you? That's unprofessional! You would never see a pilot doing that.:D

Yeah, because I didn't just cuss that lady that works the southwestern sector of NY center about 8 times this afternoon when she couldn't get my check-on after about the fifth attempt. Then again, I am a true unprofessional..........

Not implying that at all. We wouldnt say a word about the pilots even if we have to issue every instruction to them 3 times with 15 other aircraft on the frequency in solid IFR. And we definitely wouldnt say anything about the pilot if he decideds to slow to 170 knots 40 miles from the airport with 10 aircraft behind him. NAHHHH....

You're not implying that controllers talk about pilots while the mic's off are you? That's unprofessional! You would never see a pilot doing that.:D

I agree 100% with you on this one!!! This guy is hilarious. He gets a line of 20 airplanes laughing with his comments. ATL gets my vote. They are smooth operators. KC Center and Memphis are my least favorites. How about the "auctioneer" at CLT. That guy doesn't miss a beat.

Yeah the ATL tower guy, if you find him in a good mood and light traffic, he'll always say "contact departure, have a good flight to XXX" and then a quick tidbit of information on the city you're going to. For instance:

"good flight to Midway, the airport not the island!"

Yeah the ATL tower guy, if you find him in a good mood and light traffic, he'll always say "contact departure, have a good flight to XXX" and then a quick tidbit of information on the city you're going to. For instance:

"good flight to Midway, the airport not the island!"

My personal favorite...

"Have a good flight to Flint, home of the Grand Funk Railroad!"

My personal favorite...

"Have a good flight to Flint, home of the Grand Funk Railroad!"

Yeah that's the other one I was trying to remember. I recalled Flint but couldnt remember the band... thanks!!

Is it bad to be cracking up as you're calling out rotate?!

Best controller ever: Freddy Pritz(sp?). Retired FAA, now works Terminal D Ramp tower at LAS. Heavy New York accent. When he was working radar it was poetry, but then again, he got his start at the Common I.

You can just about write a book about his transmissions.

Last edited:
Don't forget Er-Raj from Montreal !!! Oh you said best - I thought you meant most likely to cause you to go insane in the shortest ammount of time. Er-Raj. Ok that's it. Er-Raj. Yeah got it. Er-Raj. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back