• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Favorite ATC facility?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess that means you have to put down your USA Today and work.
If you consider unnecessarily reprogramming the FMS 6 times and briefing 6 different approach plates within 20 miles of the airport work, then yes. Also, I said late at night. I'm done with the USA Today by then and I'm normally into my People crossword.

-Blucher

If you consider unnecessarily reprogramming the FMS 6 times and briefing 6 different approach plates within 20 miles of the airport work, then yes. Also, I said late at night. I'm done with the USA Today by then and I'm normally into my People crossword.

-Blucher

Our latest arrivals into DFW back then was 8pm.

DFW doesn't run 6 different approaches at the same time so your reaching on that one.

And if your your heavy into the People below 10k I doubt you take the time to brief the approach.

Would you like some whine with your cheese?

Our latest arrivals into DFW back then was 8pm.

DFW doesn't run 6 different approaches at the same time so your reaching on that one.

And if your your heavy into the People below 10k I doubt you take the time to brief the approach.

Would you like some whine with your cheese?

When, exactly, is "back then?" I clearly remember doing the "commuter shuttle" that arrived right around midnight from ATL. You're correct, the highest number of approached I've seen run into there at one time is 5, I was WAY off on that one!
What makes you think I'm doing my People crossword below 10K? I never said that.
Did you mean to say "would you like some cheese with your whine?" That probably would have made a bit more sense. And the answer is yes, I always have room for cheese, thanks.

-Blucher

I'm with The Drizzle regarding Franklin at LGA, I have never met a man who likes his job more than Franklin.

The Clearance Meister, I wonder how much they pay him..Entertaining ..

I think there was a lady with the same "style" as him in PIT a while back.

When, exactly, is "back then?"
You're correct, the highest number of approached I've seen run into there at one time is 5, I was WAY off on that one!
What makes you think I'm doing my People crossword below 10K? I never said that.

-Blucher

When DFW was a base. Before your time.

Unless it was a side step it can only be 4.

You seemed to have a problem loading the FMS 20 miles out. Your below 10k that close to the airport.

When DFW was a base. Before your time.

Unless it was a side step it can only be 4.

You seemed to have a problem loading the FMS 20 miles out. Your below 10k that close to the airport.

1) That was not before my time.
2) 36L, 36R, 35L, 35C, 31R
3) No, my problem is with doing unnecessary busy-work due to indecisive controllers who have more concrete than they know what to do with. Remember, this whole thread is about 'favorite ATC,' and I'd say DFW's indecisiveness disqualifies them. And as for the altitude, not necessarily correct, you'd be amazed at what happens to SOP late night.

-Blucher

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back