• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Favorite ATC facility?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He's not really an ATC facility, but I'll vote for Buzz in ATL as well.

ATL Center has been fine for the 5 years I've been here and it's always nice checking in with BOS Center, seeing as how I'm a New England boy. Not a fan of NY Center, but I think that's more a result of growing up a Boston sports fan. I hate anything New York.

Last edited:
One more for Buzz. Good day Sir!
And Bonnie who used to work ACY (havent been there in a while), so sweet it made my teeth hurt.
Every controller who kept me out of the sheet when I was just an annoying FLIB, is an MVP in my book.

JFK ground with 75 planes awaing takeoff on a dark stormy night. Eagle makes a wrong turn-asks for permission to turn around. Ground says "I dont care what you to just get where I told you"
LGA ground cant get a work in edge wise- Colgan calls clear of the txwy- Ground says "yeah good for you" and continues issueing instructions.
My vote is NYC ground, If you have a sense of humor about stuff that is.

I had a lot of good experiences with NY Tracon, and a few really bad ones. They have a VERY low tolerance for stupid and/or annoying.

SJU.... its just hard to be angry when your in the Islands Mon!

DCA tower for being able to land 22, 19, and 13 within seconds of each aircraft going through another's intersection. All with helicopters and restricted areas everywhere.

VNY Tower, especially Ron. Fourteen+ students in both patterns, a heavy dose of jets with flow to everywhere, has to change runways, and doesn't miss a beat.

No votes for ORD ground. One person (with metering help, but you get the idea) doing all the ground handling for the busiest airport in the world. They get my vote. Admittedly I don't fly into ORD every day, but they never seem to have any rhyme or reason to what happens and it seems to work. I also think that airport is a major disaster waiting to happen, but that's a different story.

One more for Buzz. Good day Sir!

As an aside here, Buzz made a little boo boo last week when he accidentally handed off a female AA pilot with his typical "and a Greeeeat day, Sir". The sneering tone of the stupid crack's "good afternoon, Maam" reply was obnoxious at best.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back