• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Favorite ATC facility?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DTW controller 'Meeeeessssssaaaaabbbbbbaaaaa', SBN approach and departure with the Cyyyyyyaaaaa. I agree with the Cleveland center vote also. Another good one in Detroit DTW: Mesaba you ready to go? XJ: Just waiting on the numbers should only be a minute. DTW: That's what Flagship says! XJ: silence.

what about the auctioneer in clt that guys got a strong set of lungs

This guy is great. All controllers sound the same, with the exception of the Auctioneer on CLT approach. Great attitude and he loves his job....he said so.

All others do a great job. ORD ground, DONT STOP.

The worst is IAD approach.

I vote sfo the best. juggling four runways worth of trafffic perfectly ballanced until a Delta or Mexicana flight has to come and jack things up is pretty danged hard to do. plus nothing better than cleared for the visual at 10K abeam the numbers right traffic, with instructions to land 28l but don't pass the 747 at Dumbarton for the right. a true pilots airport. it took a few times to not scare the shaet out of the captains here now that I'm in the 73...

Lax ain't bad either when they aren't missing the random airplane trying to cross the hold short line.

worst...SLC. something weird happens once you cross the Zion Curtain and have to go in there, specially vmc and CAVU...

Mookie

When I was new on the Bro I remember getting the high route for the right down wind for 28R and having to fight my way down from 11k with s-turns and all after turning too early once cleared. Poor people in the front rows got to hear every warning the GPWS could put out except for "EJECT! EJECT!" A good spanking that was. Now with some experience I'm proud to say I've turned inside the high span and landed on the right in the TDZ. Good times! Now if I'd just learn to slow down earlier and not "F" up the departure spacing for the ones and get the brakes slammed on me ;)

Best-ORD approach and ground 'everybody-shut up'

worst-SLC ground, tower, you name it

Have you heard the guy at RDU? Flight three five nin-ER, raleigh tow-ER, wind 300 at nin-ER, clear to land, then contact ground point nin-ER, see ya lat-ER,

Of course your reply is - - - rog-ER

Then you haven't seen much.

Try DFW in the summer time with a line from Chicago to Mexico.

Or...try DFW on a perfectly clear night, late with only one other a/c coming in and try to guess how many times they will change your runway on you!

-Blucher

Or...try DFW on a perfectly clear night, late with only one other a/c coming in and try to guess how many times they will change your runway on you!

-Blucher

I guess that means you have to put down your USA Today and work.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back