Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fa's ignoring Non Revs

What about the IBM bigwig that has his ticket paid for by IBM how is that any different than my company paying for my ticket. He's earned the miles the same as I have and the airline gets a bonus. They ensure that when i travel for personal reasons i only buy on that airline.

Being an elite FF and getting upgraded is the way the airline thanks me for my loyal patronage. I'm actually doing a Mileage run next week to make sure i hold on to platinum. MCO-LAX-ATL-BOS in one day. Now that's loyalty. Oh yeah i just checked and i was upgraded for every leg except the song flight. mco-lax. Emergency exit row though.

Sorry to hear about the crappy pay but without the customers you wouldn't have a job. Keeping loyal customers happy is what it is all about. Selling 75 dollar seats while nice for the once a year traveler doesn't ensure they will return. They are about price. Myself and others have gone out of our way to make sure we are loyal to our airline of choice.

We both win.

Did you buy the ticket or did your company travel department? Airlines cut deals with companies to offer lower prices without frequent flier miles. When I was with Dow Chemical, thats the way it was. Like I said before, did you redeem your FF miles to upgrade? If you didn't, then you received what you paid for per your contract of carriage.

I've been upgraded as a pass rider several times. My company doesn't like to use the term non-rev. Twice as a PS-5, and twice as an SA-3. Being civil to the gate agent goes a long way. And I've ridden the jump seat as a PS-0 to get home after a road trip on a full aircraft (JAX-IAH).

As far as the IBM big wig, if he truely was a big wig, then IBM would've either booked him in business first or dispatched a company plane for him.

Actually with my contract of carriage as an elite member it offers unlimited upgrades.

All my tickets with NJA are Y class fares. they don't have any deals with the airlines because we change our plans too much.

I've heard of a couple of deals but it's very very little. At times i can find a cheaper ticket but the company buys the Y fare to make sure they can cancel it.

My ff mileage run is paid by me. Most time when non-rev is sitting in first it's usually an oversight of the ticket agent. With computers these days the gate agent has less pull and can no longer overide the system.

A lot of times i don't realize i've been upgraded till when scanning my ticket it comes up with a new ticket and seat assignment.

Latest resources

Back