• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAPA - the ball is in your court.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would anybody show up late in the bidding process. I'm just a dumb pilot, but why would there be any advantage to make a late bid. I am hoping that there is another interested party out there, that would be great.

I read somewhere that the process of RAH acquiring F9 is being "fasttracked", why the heck is this thing being fasttracked?

they don't need scope relief at F8, they can expand the Midwest 190s as much as they want and just do a marketing agreement with F8 if they don't get the scope relief they are looking for.

TWA Dude,

you say "if there were another interested party we'd have heard about it by now" or something like that.

No way, dude. You need to operate in the corporate world for a while. Been there done that. You're right in that capital is tight. Nobody in their right mind outside the airline world would give F9 a penny right now.

Inside the airline world...it's another story. This is a steal for LUV plus they need to protect their backside. Giving up A concourse to another set of clowns would be bad for them. LUV is not doing all that great in Denver but they are playing for the long run which is both A) a smart move and B) pretty much a guarenteed winner for them. It's a waiting game and the odds are stacked in their favor

The entire F9 organization would be a perfect fit for LUV. Highly motivated employees with the LUV attitude and a Denver feel.

jetBlue would also be a winner.

The thing is, when you play the bidding game, you let everybody show their hand. You already know what it's worth to you and how much you're willing to pay. You hang out and wait and bluff the crap out of everybody. The smart players know how to play this game very, very well.

If Frontier is worth anything to somebody they won't show up until late. If nobody shows...I guess we'll find out how good Bedford is at empire building.

I personally think LUV is going to buy them, but not the way you think. I think they will invest in Frontier the way they did to ATA. I think the Frontier pilots and airplanes will be integrated into Southwest the same way the ATA pilots and airplanes were. I am telling you guys this. This will not end good for the Midwest, Frontier, or Republic pilots. The Republic pilots might get hurt as much short-term as the other too, but their situation will not be any different than it is now.

Seems like something fishy is going on with this deal being fast tracked, I agree there are no other bidders and management is rushing it because they are gettin paid big bucks.

I'm sure Luv is not going to touch F9 except in competition.

What do you LUV guys think?

Gary Kelly has stated that he would not want to be the guys that "put the hometown airline out of business."

That being said I would like to roam the halls of the A concourse again and I am somewhat confident the F9 guys would rather be on our seniority list than Republics. I could be wrong.

Gup

No kidding.

Gary Kelly has stated that he would not want to be the guys that "put the hometown airline out of business."

Gup

Guppywn,

Tell that Gary Kelly of yours that Animaltale said, " RAISE THE GODD@M ticket prices in DEN".

Maybe, if he didnt drop prices, we could have coexisted in DEN without all this mess.

CYA

Latest resources

Back