• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAPA President, "Happy with the outcome."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tha same thing that would have happened to me if we got the SWA bid...I'd be out of a job.

You make that presumption about a company that has the strongest finances of the pax carriers, wants to grow by 10%, and has never furloughed ever?

Upgrades? What's that? What is it now at SWA? Probably about the same i would guess.

Dude, I'm asking. You said that DEN is an all F9 joint until everyone upgrades. You mentioned it, not me. I'm a SWA hopefull, but would like to live in Colorado after I retire. I'd also like to upgrade pretty quick since I'm playing catch up in the airline industry due to military service. I just thought maybe getting on at Republic could get me out to Colorado sooner than waiting for SWA to open a DEN hub.

You make that presumption about a company that has the strongest finances of the pax carriers, wants to grow by 10%, and has never furloughed ever?

Ok, i'll post this again...SWA wanted only 80% of the planes which meant 80% of the pilots...which means i would have been on the street...which means that the company with "the strongest finances of the pax carriers" would have furloughed from day one. I may have said that in another thread though, so i'll give ya some lee way.;)

Dude, I'm asking. You said that DEN is an all F9 joint until everyone upgrades. You mentioned it, not me. I'm a SWA hopefull, but would like to live in Colorado after I retire. I'd also like to upgrade pretty quick since I'm playing catch up in the airline industry due to military service. I just thought maybe getting on at Republic could get me out to Colorado sooner than waiting for SWA to open a DEN hub.

Truthfully i don't know, i have heard good things from the RAH deal, but they could just be propaganda, we all know how that goes. MY "assumption" is that DEN is an all F9 place until everyone upgrades, i don't know for sure yet, but they will probably let us all know really soon what the wants are going to be from both sides(read that as "make them public"). From what i hear they may actually be very quick, but again, i don't truly know.

Ok, i'll post this again...SWA wanted only 80% of the planes which meant 80% of the pilots...which means i would have been on the street...which means that the company with "the strongest finances of the pax carriers" would have furloughed from day one. I may have said that in another thread though, so i'll give ya some lee way.;)

Look,

I have no dog in this hunt. At one point, I would have liked to work for either F9 or SWA b/c they both have had good cultures. I guess it's a cold hard choice you guys had to make, and you had to decide what's best for you. From my outsiders perspective though, I would let the culture of the company that would be on my next ID tip my decision that way. SWA may be ruthless in how they compete, but they take care of their own.

Good luck

According to BB he wants to operate F9 as a stand alone. He will probably sell 50% of F9 to another creditor and that will end all talks of intergration. I'm glad for the F9 guys, they still have a job and the future is in thier hands not WN.

Ha ha, hey Joe ask the ATA guys how well they got taken care of.

Last edited:
Now that Republic owns Frontier when do guys think they will be hiring on the Bus and what will the minimums be??

According to BB he wants to operate F9 as a stand alone. He will probably sell 50% of F9 to another creditor and that will end all talks of intergration. I'm glad for the F9 guys, they still have a job and the future is in thier hands not WN.

Ha ha, hey Joe ask the ATA guys how well they got taken care of.

Your post is a complete contradiction. He will sell 50% of F9, kill all talks of integration, yet they still have a job and the future is in their hands??

Latest resources

Back