• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAM's and the Jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
any and all FAMs would be welcome on my jumpseat any day for any reason. You think they have such a wonderful and easy job, apply for it and see if you can get through their training course.

you frickin' morons.

any and all FAMs would be welcome on my jumpseat any day for any reason. You think they have such a wonderful and easy job, apply for it and see if you can get through their training course.

you frickin' morons.

should they get priority though?

you frickin' morons.
Just wait until you try to go to work around the holidays and these guys use their priority to bump you out of the jumpseat

I would not mind them in the jumpseat, nor would I mind FA's in the jumpseat... so long as they all understand that ANY pilot from ANY airline has priority in the seat.

On a related note, the TSA, right after spending their first year's budget in six months (made for a bigger budget the next year!) wanted the jumpseat for TSA execs.

It all went away fairly quickly, but this isn't the first time the TSA has eyed the jumpseat with lust.

This was a proposal that happened at the same time that the one that let TSA execs bypass security. I never heard the outcome from that one, I assume they got what they wanted.

I would not mind them in the jumpseat, nor would I mind FA's in the jumpseat... so long as they all understand that ANY pilot from ANY airline has priority in the seat.

That's the real problem...once you let them in the jumpseat, they will start angling for priority. The ONLY way to retain control of the JS is to exclude all non-pilots who are not mission-essential (feds, mechanics on a test flight, etc).

Look at the FAA inspectors...they have a business reason to be in the JS, but they have twisted that into having top priority for their own personal travel, any time, any where. This is a serious abuse of government authority...no airline employee should get bumped off of his own airplane because some fed wants to go to LAS or SAN for weekend. Ideally, FAA inspectors should have their official jumpseat rides scheduled by their boss in accordance with some sort of sensible inspection plan. If they're not on a scheduled inspection, they can buy a ticket like the rest of the general public.

If you let FA's on, within a year they will demand (and get) priority over off-line pilots...screw that.

Latest resources

Back