Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Shocker

Upside down and backwards
So I just heard on my last trip that FAM's are trying to push this new deal through that would give them priority over jumpseating pilots for the j.s. Anyone else heard anything of this and if so, what is being done to prevent it?

Amen brotha..... no fam will be on mine either.
oops that jumpseat is broken.
Omg there isn't enough O2.
Sucks to be them!!!!

What's the point of a FAM riding jump seat!?!?!? Doesn't that kind of nullify the purpose of their job. Didn't think they could do their job if there were squeezed into the most comfy seat in the house!?

P.S. as a commuter I will personally raise all holy he!!

Captain controls access to the cockpit and jumpseating is a privelege not a right unless it is in direct performance of duty. End of story.

So I just heard on my last trip that FAM's are trying to push this new deal through that would give them priority over jumpseating pilots for the j.s. Anyone else heard anything of this and if so, what is being done to prevent it?

I think they're trying to do this in order to "line check" FFDO's. If neither crewmember is an FFDO, they would have no reason to be up front. If this happens the FFDO program will go downhill fast

I think they're trying to do this in order to "line check" FFDO's. If neither crewmember is an FFDO, they would have no reason to be up front. If this happens the FFDO program will go downhill fast

I swear to God you are mentally challenged. Line check FFDOs? What's next, line checking passengers? Why don't we line check you in the mouth with a giant rubber dog turd.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back