• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Falsifying his logbook, what do i do?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Send him over to ASA, we'll hire him. We already have one on board, so what's the difference?

We have an ex-DFW CA, now ATL (of course), who was an instructor at CAA, was hired by Comair, and subsequently fired when they realized that he falsified the multi-time in his logbook. He had logged time in an aircraft somewhere out West, and someone allegedly called the owner of the aircraft to verify it. The current owner has been the owner for many, many, many, many, many years, and had no knowledge of this individual. Now he works at ASA.

Not that the information above should be surprising, for the same individual also:
1) Tried to hand prop a Seminole at CAA when it was 30 degrees outside, claiming that it was mandatory in the POH. The engine "back-compressed" on him, the prop nailed him in the head, and he was out like a cheap light bulb in the middle of the ramp. His name was changed to "Rocky". Anyone from CAA in the late 90's now knows who I'm talking about.
2) Claims he is an ex-cop.
3) Claims his wife works for the FBI.
4) Claimed at CAA while an instructor that he used to fly for "Con Air" and was only at CAA for fun.
5) During an overnight, noticed that the FA's room door was ajar as they all went upstairs. He placed the FA off to the side in the hallway, pulled out his "fake gun" (finger), burst into the room, rolled across the first bed, onto the floor in between the first and second beds, assumed a firing stance with his finger, all while screaming "Freeze, POLICE!!!!" at the top of his lungs.
6) Has one of the ugliest hair transplants that has ever existed.
7) Has one h@!! of a mouth on his airline's ALPA webboard, always getting into arguments about everything.

I'm sure there's more, but I'm out of time.

LTG

Last edited:
I take it from your "handle", and your comments about "ratting", that you really are from another culture.

No I am born and raised in the USA.

In the culture that I grew up in, reporting a serious act which physically endagers others is not "ratting". It is essential to community development.

Especially in this aviation business, where there are not enough 'police' to keep the criminal acts in check, we must police ourselves.
No, but he should have the balls to sit his buddy down and have a serious talk with him prior to calling a hotline. If you have a problem with something that someone is doing, you go to them first. Then, only when there is no other choice, do you report them. Just because the guy shared this over some beers can make the truth slide a little bit. He could have been exaggerating or even pulling the guys leg.

Sober the guy up and talk to him face to face. That shows good moral character. Maybe I come from "somewhere else", but I know how to handle issues like a man.

We trust that every pilot that we share the airspace with has gotten there by honest means and has proven that he/she is worthy of flying and operating in a manner that ensures safety of all concerned.
That doesn't excuse this guy from handling it in a man to man fashion first.

You are trying to spread the "criminal-street mindset" that protects criminal acts into our profession.

Get out of here. Your kind are not welcome and you are a danger to us all.

In the past, I thought your comments were just rude, but this is over the line.
Are you talking to me? You have to be kidding. It sounds as if you are taking my posts out of context.

Falsification is not just a paper act, it is a clear and present danger to us all.
Falsification? Maybe you should ask the original poster about falsification! This guy has absolutely no room to make accusations about other airmen. I know this from first hand information from those who have flown with "dcramer". While I agree with your thoughts on trust and safety, you should learn to take some of these idiots with a grain of salt. Remember that "dcramer" has a certain level of integrity to maintain as a pilot, just a much as his "friend" does. You will notice that many of the other posters agree with me.

Last edited:
he may get the better job but I will have the better life.

So, you don't get that?

Fool.

Apparently, you are one of those who would also cut in front of the line at Disneyworld just to serve yourself.

What exactly is the difference between you and a scab? You see yourself fit to occupy a position to which your experience does not entitle you.

Tool.

Last edited:
I question both of them as being trustworthy individuals. One guy is lying to further his career, and the other is willing to rat out his buddy. Which is worse?

You can figure out which one is more trustworthy when pilot A kills everyone because he lied about his times to get a job, and piot B didn't speak up about his friend. But there is a third person who is less trustworthy than A and B, and that is the person calling Pilot B a rat.

I can't believe that anyone out there would be an advocate of falsifying times, unless they themselves also falsify the times in their logbook.... Russian???

If YOU were a real man you would automatically do what's right, and not be concerned who's the rat. That kind of thinking is reserved for the mafia, you hack!

So, you don't get that?

Fool.

Apparently, you are one of those who would also cut in front of the line at Disneyworld just to serve yourself.

What exactly is the difference between you and a scab? You see yourself fit to occupy a position to which your experience does not entitle you.

Tool.

OMG how could someone do something so horrible!

You can figure out which one is more trustworthy when pilot A kills everyone because he lied about his times to get a job, and piot B didn't speak up about his friend. But there is a third person who is less trustworthy than A and B, and that is the person calling Pilot B a rat.
They both have an equal amount of extremely low integrity.

There is no third person in the equation here. Can't you see that? Just because I label "dcramer" a rat does not make me side with pilot A. BTW, pilot B is a rat if he doesn't speak to his friend before he goes to the Feds. There is a positive way to handle unprofessional situations.

I can't believe that anyone out there would be an advocate of falsifying times, unless they themselves also falsify the times in their logbook.... Russian???
You have taken my post completely out of context. In no way do I advocate falsifying the logged flight time information by Airmen. My post only defended the fact that this guy should present the issue to his friend in a professional manner prior to reporting him. Other posters have suggested reporting pilot A immediately to the authorities because of his actions. Why do you think that this is OK? What makes you think pilot B has all the information he needs to pull the trigger on pilot B?

How would you feel if you were drinking a beer with a buddy and you told him something you did that was unsafe, then your friend went to the authorities without even hinting to you that he was going to?

(Before you say you would never do anything unsafe, please remember that everyone makes mistakes. And, that we have all done stupid things in or around airplanes at some point. That is how we learn.)

Even if the conversation was casual, he may take what you say out of context. I think that anyone would prefer that your friend came to YOU first and spoke with you instead of running right to the authorities. This could help you realize your mistake and make the proper corrections to right things. If you were facing a violation, you would not be looking at this situation the same way.

If YOU were a real man you would automatically do what's right, and not be concerned who's the rat. That kind of thinking is reserved for the mafia, you hack!
No, if you were a real man you would speak to your fellow pilot face to face. Grow some balls and don't be a rat. Be professional and respect your fellow airman. When you do so, they will learn to respect other airmen and follow the rules as well.

Don't mistake what I say as an effort to support this guy falsifying his logbook. If you knew how to read a post objectively you would be able to see where I stand. Neither of these guys deserve to sit behind the wheel. Dcramer has a history of being less than professional in his actions. You should watch out for guys like him, they will help you get an LOI in the mail.

Last edited:
They both have an equal amount of extremely low integrity.

There is no third person in the equation here. Can't you see that? Just because I label "dcramer" a rat does not make me side with pilot A. BTW, pilot B is a rat if he doesn't speak to his friend before he goes to the Feds. There is a positive way to handle unprofessional situations.

There is a third person. That is you, telling everyone that the person who does the right thing is a rat. The third party has an influence.

You have taken my post completely out of context. In no way do I advocate falsifying the logged flight time information by Airmen. My post only defended the fact that this guy should present the issue to his friend in a professional manner prior to reporting him. Other posters have suggested reporting pilot A immediately to the authorities because of his actions. Why do you think that this is OK? What makes you think pilot B has all the information he needs to pull the trigger on pilot B?

How would you feel if you were drinking a beer with a buddy and you told him something you did that was unsafe, then your friend went to the authorities without even hinting to you that he was going to?

(Before you say you would never do anything unsafe, please remember that everyone makes mistakes. And, that we have all done stupid things in or around airplanes at some point. That is how we learn.)

Making a mistake and lieing are 2 different things. Maybe I was raised differently than you but when I make a mistake I own up to it, and I sure as hell don't lie about my flight time.

Even if the conversation was casual, he may take what you say out of context. I think that anyone would prefer that your friend came to YOU first and spoke with you instead of running right to the authorities. This could help you realize your mistake and make the proper corrections to right things. If you were facing a violation, you would not be looking at this situation the same way.

No, if you were a real man you would speak to your fellow pilot face to face. Grow some balls and don't be a rat. Be professional and respect your fellow airman. When you do so, they will learn to respect other airmen and follow the rules as well.

If you wake up and pay attention you would know that on my first post I suggested that he give his friend the option of fixing his logbook or being turned in.

Don't mistake what I say as an effort to support this guy falsifying his logbook. If you knew how to read a post objectively you would be able to see where I stand. Neither of these guys deserve to sit behind the wheel. Dcramer has a history of being less than professional in his actions. You should watch out for guys like him, they will help you get an LOI in the mail.

I don't know Dcramer and I really don't give a crap about what he did. This is about you being an advocate for pilots to turn a blind eye to people that should be disciplined. This is all fine until someone is hurt or killed, that is extreme but still possible.

But, oh well it's ok if people die just as long as noones a rat. COME ON!!!

I would never include someone who lies about their times as a freind. This is an act of an extremely dishonest person.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back