• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Falsifying his logbook, what do i do?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Logbooks are to be considered "usable" or "admissable" in a court of law....

unless of course the belief was that pilots and thier logbooks couldn't be trusted...

You could go the "give a chance" course... it would ruin the friendship...
Which would be... "You've got 30 days to destroy the logbook and show a new one or a letter goes to the FSDO."

But he could create a false new log and not destroy the padded one thus continuing ot use it....... Is there an ethics course at UND or ERAU?

What are you doing about the militants who are cutting off limbs in the Ivory Coast? Sometimes you gotta let people take thier own path and control what you can..... which is you.

Last edited:
BTW from your previous posts I believe that you are less than professional as an aviator. You are a rogue and a rat who has a less than sufficent level of aeronautical knowledge. I know that not only from this board, but second hand from friends who have shared a cockpit with you.

I have been busy moving and working at my new job I haven't posted for the last 5 months. So I am assuming you are refering to my posts condeming Ari Ben about 5 months ago, since that is about the only thing I have ever really posted about. So if you are questioning my professionalism, and integrity because of that...All I can say is they had a great PR campaign against me. Good for them. But no need to keep bringing up something irrelevant. If anyone is a rat, its you for bringing up something that happened almost half a year ago, and trying to stir up controversy and trouble. How professional is that?

Then only thing that would be illegal would be to log it towards currency or a certificate. You can log what ever you want but if its for a rating or certificate or currency, your done. Alot of people do it, its rampant. I don't, in fact I underlogged for many years. I owned my own airplane without a hobbs meter and logged "flight time" (not knowing any better, I guess I never figured I'd pick up a FAR in the first few years) instead of "one the aircrafts own power to the time it comes to rest under its own power". Ever hear of P-51 time? (its a type of pen)

http://www.sinistershop.com/c_yuropen.htm

Let it go, it's his problem if he gets caught. He knows what he's doing in wrong. You told him once, now it's up to him what to do next.

Fly what you can, log what you need ;)

[just kidding]

In all seriousness, though, what you do is nothing. Keep your nose in your own logbook, and let it go. Eventually, an airline will realize when a "1,000hr" pilot flies like a 200 hour pilot.

Then only thing that would be illegal would be to log it towards currency or a certificate. You can log what ever you want but if its for a rating or certificate or currency, your done.

Sigh, no, this is incorrect. Read my previous post. If you put it in yourlogbook and it's false, that's illegal and you can be violated for it if caught. The FAA can and does violate people for this. It stands up on appeal before the NTSB. I can show you the rulings. Like I said, pilots being violated for this have used the exact logic you quoted and it didn't get them squat.

Read the discussion before running your mouth.

If he is logging single engine time here and there it can't be worth the risk he is taking. If he is logging valuable time multi engine turbine for example someone will ask him about it during an interview. If you don't know about the aircraft your logging time in then your in trouble. He will get what he deserves. Most likely that he would have gotten hired anyway after a few months what airline does he want to get hired by. 1 year of hard work CFIing will get you just about into any regional.

For grins and giggles (I usually use a different cliche), please post the O&Os. Thanks A Squared!

Don't have time right now to dig them out right at the moment, but one, as I recall, was admin v pierson (pearson?) and Crow(e?) the other I don't recall the names but it centered around a a guy who claimed that he was an fo on a citation flight when he wasn't on board the airplane. As I recall, they both used the "I didn't use it for anything" defense, and both failed.

The Order that Mushroom posted is yet another example. "I didn't need the hours for my ATP so it's not falsification" Scroll down to the bottom to see how well that worked.
The initial decision and the emergency order of
revocation are affirmed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back