• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Falsifying his logbook, what do i do?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At the risk of sounding like a jerk, I would give him the option of fixing his logbook or being turned in. More than you friendship could be lost... There is a small chance that he could get a 135 single pilot job and kill someone.

I'm tired of people turning a blind eye to these types to save their own butts. I know noone's perfect but logging false time is one of the lowest things someone can do. For anyone who says karma will catch up to your friend they aren't thinking of the other people his karma could take down too.

All of this brings another question to mind. WHY would you associate yourself with a dink like this? AVOID HIM!! Reputations are contagious.

At the risk of sounding like a jerk, I would give him the option of fixing his logbook or being turned in. More than you friendship could be lost... There is a small chance that he could get a 135 single pilot job and kill someone.

I'm tired of people turning a blind eye to these types to save their own butts. I know noone's perfect but logging false time is one of the lowest things someone can do. For anyone who says karma will catch up to your friend they aren't thinking of the other people his karma could take down too.

All of this brings another question to mind. WHY would you associate yourself with a dink like this? AVOID HIM!! Reputations are contagious.

Agreed.

Find some new friends who have integrity.

People who tell others of their misdeeds are idiots and they will lose everytime. It may not happen today or tomorrow but it will happen. This is a serious Integrity issue.

I read one a couple years ago where the FAA basically audited a flight school's records and found that a couple of instructors were logging all scheduled flights whether they actually flew or not... one flight was logged as 1.1 when the actual time was .1 because of a mechanical issue, then the same instructor logged another flight in the airplane while it was in maintenance for the previous issue.

Revocations for everyone.

A couple years back some war-bird community DE’s were giving each other type ratings in various aircraft. The problem was, the word “giving” was appropriate. The airman never flew the aircraft for the exam. As I recall it was over 20 pilots caught. I knew one of the airmen. He lost his ATP, CFI(s), and a fist full of type ratings. He was left with his Commercial MEL so he could keep working. The Judge told him “You should know better (than falsify records to obtain a rating)”. His lawyer said he could fight the ruling but it would be cheaper to re-take all the rating exams than go to court.

You gotta ask your self how lucky do you feel………..

Once you start digging that hole it is real hard to climb out of it.

The choice is yours.

JAFI

REPORT HIM

That is one less piece of (insert) that is in the employment line. Imagine if you and him went to a SWA panel, based on his "hours".

For whatever reason, you don't have the super secret SWA interview formula, and get "thanks for applying"

Lets say Mr. Slick gets hired.

How would that make you feel.

The attitude of "its not your business" is the same thing you see on 20/20, Dateline, when some poor dude is mugged by punks, and everyone on the street looks on.

"Not my business, look the other way sweetie."

REPORT HIM, GROW A PAIR

Last edited:
I question both of them as being trustworthy individuals. One guy is lying to further his career, and the other is willing to rat out his buddy. Which is worse?

I question both of them as being trustworthy individuals. One guy is lying to further his career, and the other is willing to rat out his buddy. Which is worse?
I take it from your "handle", and your comments about "ratting", that you really are from another culture.

In the culture that I grew up in, reporting a serious act which physically endagers others is not "ratting". It is essential to community development.

Especially in this aviation business, where there are not enough 'police' to keep the criminal acts in check, we must police ourselves.

We trust that every pilot that we share the airspace with has gotten there by honest means and has proven that he/she is worthy of flying and operating in a manner that ensures safety of all concerned.

You are trying to spread the "criminal-street mindset" that protects criminal acts into our profession.

Get out of here. Your kind are not welcome and you are a danger to us all.

In the past, I thought your comments were just rude, but this is over the line.

Falsification is not just a paper act, it is a clear and present danger to us all.

What if you fly more like a 3,000 hour pilot than the 1,000 hour CFI you are. Can't you just add a few K's as this really represents your flying abilities?

Maybe your friend flies really, really well.

Pad til you reach your experience level! ;)

Latest resources

Back