Fallout from an age 60-Rule change

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skyboss said:
You're only making that profit because you are hedged and most of your flights are short haul with higher yields in high density markets. Outside of fuel, your costs are the highest of any major carrier.
No hedging = nightmare for Southwest.

WRONG!

Hey flapout or flopout..... did I miss something?

Hey EV thanks for getting my back!!

Last edited:
Ok Skyboss, thats a deal...we will meet back here on 11/28/06 and we will discus what?

What do you think is going to happen in a year? You think we will stop increasing our stage length? Do you think we will give up our hedges so we are no longer "cheating?" Will we stop buying airplanes? Will we close some cities, layoff thousands?

What are your predictions? Mark this date!! Please let us all know what you think is going to happen? Maybe then you'll have to call me by my new name "WN/CA"

Last edited:
Jim Smyth said:
Ya, your right. I'm done.

Jim, you are wasting your intellegence on these guys. Give it up as nothing will change their minds.........or ours. Let the courts have their day and in time the pro 60+ pilots will prevail and the others will just quit when they turn 60. Not the end of the world in either case. Also, I seriously doubt that airplanes will start falling out of the sky inspite of so many dire predictions.

SWA/FO said:
Why would an airline that is making money want to cut pay & benefits and ruin a positive 34 + year relationship with its emplyoees? I personally don't think its going to happen... We would raise fares before any of this (your) doom and gloom would happen. We have pricing power, baby!!!

You're being facetious, right?

Nope...I'm serious. PROFIT = making money. I see no paycuts in our future. Why would we need them?

Latest resources

Back