Falcon sms = transonic????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JJET44

Rumor has it that Dassault's new SMS (Super-Mid-Size) project will be a M1.0 airplane (12,500 lbs thrust per engine and MGTOW in the mid 30's.) They have supposedly found a way to build an airplane that can travel at M1.0 without creating a sonic boom!!

Its still not a Grumman.

And hell, so long as it can go to FL520 I would be happy. Id go there and take FMS/Airshow pictures.

I'm curious, you wouldn't be fond of Gulfstreams would you? I noticed it mentioned once or twice in your sig.;)

Few aircraft embody such an iconic level as genuinely as a Grumman. To a pilot, this jet is a symbol of all that a flying machine should be – and more. A mix of complexity and capability that engages the mind, yet never numbs it; a blend of luxury with the assurance that comfort is still second to safety; a combination of form and function that resonate as one.

Few aircraft embody such an iconic level as genuinely as a Grumman. To a pilot, this jet is a symbol of all that a flying machine should be – and more. A mix of complexity and capability that engages the mind, yet never numbs it; a blend of luxury with the assurance that comfort is still second to safety; a combination of form and function that resonate as one.

Is there a puke icon here somewhere...(-_-).

I can't imagine having 12.5k thrust PER SIDE, on a midsize airframe, would do much for Falcon's "legendary fuel burns".

A wing that can penetrate Mach 1 with no shockwave= the holy grail of aerodynamics.

I think the best that NASA is working on right now is "shaping" the boom to sound more like a distant thunder clap than what it currently is.

Nice description of the iconic Bonanza. 60+ years later, unable to be improved upon.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back