Falcon 900EX vs. G-IV SP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LegacyDriver said:
There is no way a 7X beats the EMB in operating cost. Gawd help you the first time something breaks on your Frogjet (and trust me it will).

You're exactly right - there's no way a purpose-built 7X could possibly be more efficient than & operate for less cost than a converted regional airliner.

I'm sure ARG/US and Conklin just make those figures up anyway...

You're flying a legacy (heh) 650-series Citation designed in the early 80s...you realize comparing it to a Legacy 600 is apples to mangos, right?

Not me man. I will take lower pay and a Legacy any day of the week. Falcons are okay. Better than Cessnas any way. To me the Legacy itself is QOL. The airplane takes care of its crew better than anything I've flown so far. Other than a Lineage I don't imagine any other jet will do as well in that department and that is worth more than money to me. (And G200, I know half a dozen guys making well over $120K a year in the EMB here in the States--guys overseas do better still. That's a heck of a lot more than this non-Legacy pays me, and more than the Falcon did.)

How much lower pay? 5K, 10K, 50K? Just wondering what your threshold is to sit in the seat of the Legacy.

I don't think he's saying you rely on the T/R to stop in terms of factoring it in. He's referring to the fact that the stopping power of the brake/tire/ABS combo of the Falcon being poor/unreliable. So by default the T/R is all ya' really got (and all it does is make noise).

Sorry Sam, the Falcon brakes are just fine......

Talk about raising the bar -

- He says he will fly a Legacy for less (undercutting the professionals)

- He says he doesn't like the Falcon because HE can't land it well (hell, anybody can land a Taco Rocket with the trailing link gear)

- He has less than favorable nicknames for many of the pilots at his former dept - none are as good as the "mighty LD"

- Talks about what a POS the Gulfstream and Dassault products are, even though he professes to never have flown a G and has minimal time in a 50EX

- At least he quit the bible thumping some time ago......

No joke. When it is 120 degrees outside and I'm nice and comfortable in my Legacy cockpit vs sweating my a** off in a Falcon or Cessna the paycheck doesn't make up for the misery.
There is no way a 7X beats the EMB in operating cost. Gawd help you the first time something breaks on your Frogjet (and trust me it will).

LD,

How much would it cost to take a Legacy from KTEB-OERK (just an example)

Let us know.

Also - what kind of ROI have 2 year old Legacys had?

(this should be good)

New airplanes have a warranty, and under certain circumstances FalconCare can be the best deal in corporate aviation right now. Know what I mean?

Be careful here! - like the Aircraft Value stuff you were talking about earlier, I think you might be venturing from "mildly entertaining" to the "Derailed" area by talking about things you clearly have no experience or knowledge of.

Cool that Cessna cockpit down son, otherwise you may bake in that hot Texas sun.

:)

No joke. When it is 120 degrees outside and I'm nice and comfortable in my Legacy cockpit vs sweating my a** off in a Falcon or Cessna the paycheck doesn't make up for the misery.

Again, LD, let's compare apples to apples. Compare the cooling capabilities of your 1984 Citation III to that of a 1984 Embraer Brasilia.

LegacyDriver - alright, I'm convinced. You really are the Dbag everyone makes you out to be. Take your love affair with jungle jets somewhere else.

LD,

How much would it cost to take a Legacy from KTEB-OERK (just an example)

Let us know.

Also - what kind of ROI have 2 year old Legacys had?

(this should be good)

New airplanes have a warranty, and under certain circumstances FalconCare can be the best deal in corporate aviation right now. Know what I mean?

Be careful here! - like the Aircraft Value stuff you were talking about earlier, I think you might be venturing from "mildly entertaining" to the "Derailed" area by talking about things you clearly have no experience or knowledge of.

Cool that Cessna cockpit down son, otherwise you may bake in that hot Texas sun.

:)

It's not nice to make fun of the mentally ill! :D

Amen JC! - no short of wackjobs in this business!!!

:eek:

But to come back to the discussion;

In our company we have a few ex Falcon 50/900 hair dryer drivers, we took them on anyway.
We operate G4/G5's
These pilots unanimously state that the brakes and T/R's on a Gulfstream are impressive and that when flying into a contaminated runway they rather do so in a G then a Falcon with one T/R

There have been a few Falcon accidents where they were driven of the end in a contaminated rwy situation.
Of course Pilot Error is always a factor, seen any NTSB report without that wording ?
Seldomly !
So my point is I rather have two T/R's and some big brakes at any time then that "other" configuration.

And the money talk, is just poor owner management ...

But to come back to the discussion;

In our company we have a few ex Falcon 50/900 hair dryer drivers, we took them on anyway.
We operate G4/G5's
These pilots unanimously state that the brakes and T/R's on a Gulfstream are impressive and that when flying into a contaminated runway they rather do so in a G then a Falcon with one T/R

There have been a few Falcon accidents where they were driven of the end in a contaminated rwy situation.
Of course Pilot Error is always a factor, seen any NTSB report without that wording ?
Seldomly !
So my point is I rather have two T/R's and some big brakes at any time then that "other" configuration.

And the money talk, is just poor owner management ...

Nice post. When I deployed the thrust reverser on the Falcon 50ex, I called it, the "party favour"

Cheers-

Latest resources

Back