• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Falcon 900EX gear-up landing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
QUOTE]I wonder why the "wheels would not lower." They are hydraulic, right?[/QUOTE] AviatorCentral

Well Av Central there.......its..... oh forget it. Someone else 'splain it to him. I've got to go fly a plane with a hydraulic gear that I know can suffer from a number of malfunctions that would prevent it from extending.

For those of you who may be willing to know the truth, it was a mechanical malfunction.

Aircraft diverted because of this, and crew requested the Stansted RWY to be foamed.

So what the hell is a checklist anyways?

INCOMING!!!!!!!!!! (running for cover)

I love the GA folks here. It's funny, depending on what type of checklist usage was bored into your head as a student, you'll either see the checklist as something to save your ass, or something that is a mere nuisance.

it's saved my ass before....:D

AxisVDP said:
So what the hell is a checklist anyways?

It's a list of all the checks that your checks that have bounced. :p

WOW. 12 pages, for real? We have a single-page double-sided normal checklist, and I thought it was fairly lengthy for operations. That is quite a checklist. What types of items do you have to make it that lengthy? Not flaming, just curious.

That's gotta be a FSI checklist...

The FSI King Air Checklist has 46 items (3 of which have expanded procedures on other pages) JUST for the "Before starting Engines" checklist.

The Normal Procedures checklist is 20 pages without the expanded procedures. It's pretty large type though.:D

Kingairrick said:
That's gotta be a FSI checklist...

The FSI King Air Checklist has 46 items (3 of which have expanded procedures on other pages) JUST for the "Before starting Engines" checklist.

The Normal Procedures checklist is 20 pages without the expanded procedures. It's pretty large type though.:D

It isn't an FSI checklist, it is an in-house, home grown one... It is in the Flight Safety folder/book thingy though... We have several fairly lager charts and such for things we need quick access to... If you took all of those out, it would be down to about 8 pages, remember these are those short little 1/2 width pages.... (7" x 4 1/2")... Flight Safety's checklist (Normal) for the 900EX is a joke...

AviatorCentral said:
And citationpilot is my vice president.:)

Benny Hill said:
Vice president OF WHAT??

Perhaps "waspe" should be your treasurer..
"Whirlybird" he could be your secretary,
"Archer",well....he doesn't really know if he wants to get involved yet, there really is a lot to consider.:)

I think they all have been playing a card game of a$$hole.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back