• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA will begin random ramp and line checks @ mesaba starting 7/27/09

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pulling the EAS funding --which is the only reason Mesaba goes to FOD -- would do a lot more damage to your community and company than a couple of Saab drivers going missed.

I hope things work out for you. My wife has lost her job twice in two years, and is always on the chopping block. I have been furloughed in the past as well, so we feel your pain. The economy stinks, and I sincerely hope that your company keeps the flight dept. because we don't need any more pilots on the street.

Deleted for civilities sake.

Rarely do you see such contepmt for a fellow professional pilot, my hat's off to you as you have set yet another Flight Info standard. I don't post here often as I prefer to lurk and watch the antics.

Since you are such an expert on 121 operations, I guess since the next time I'm on the ground waiting for someone to cancel so I can get released, I should come on here and piss and moan like an impotent jerk.

Bottom line, sometimes the crew feels the need to go missed, we don't like it anymore than anyone else. But that is the PIC's and the crews call, not someone in another airplane, or in an office. Perhaps you would feel better if someone were Monday morning quarterbacking every decision you make in the performance of your duties?

Bye Bye

PS... my mommie and daddie didn't pay for my training, and I didn't go to a pilot factory... Instead I took out upwards of $60,000 in loans to get a 4 year degree, and get my ratings, and then flight instructed. So I've worked my a$$ off to get where I am...

I truly am sorry about the situation in your town, but don't blame Mesaba, or anyone else... blame the economy, and our current administraion of Obamanomics, maybe if we spend even more government money things will be better!!! :(

Last edited:
No, we don't own the airpsace, and we fly as if we don't. In other words, we are considerate of others' use of it. Keep jerking gear fella's, but don't bother knocking on our door looking for a real job. Oh, and dubya can kma.

Shut up. Dumbass.

His response is void of factual information. Time date and flight number. He doesn't understand the reality of aviation transportation. But I am glad he's in the minority.

So.... if I'm reading this correctly, cjdriver believes xj's missed approach(es) have lead to the demise of an entire city(s) in northern Iowa..... you sir/miss are certainly an idiot out wandering around

So.... if I'm reading this correctly, cjdriver believes xj's missed approach(es) have lead to the demise of an entire city(s) in northern Iowa..... you sir/miss are certainly an idiot out wandering around

I don't care who you are, that stuff's FUNNY! ;)

Latest resources

Back