FAA to keep quite on new rest regs..for now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
its going to be quid pro quo-- something for soemthing---

we will get a 12 hour max duty day but a the cost of flying a max of 10 hours--- or some variant to be able to fly long out and backs-- watch-- thats exactly how it will unravel---- so what does that mean--- well it takes the 1st part which would require more pilots and negates it with the longer flight hours for a net of 0 pilots-- IE doesnt create jobs, prevent furloughs, or get people called back.

would be interesting to see though how it affects each carriers individual contract as it's written now it would go thru withoug a LOA---

hold on tight babitt is not as pilot friendly as we once thought-- thanks a bunch

SKIPPY

For the majors you are probably right, but for the regionals it will open a can of worms if they include limits on the # of legs flown.

What about start times?

What about back to back night flying?

What about three man international trips backing up against other trips?

What about fatigue calls?

What about extensions because of ATC, weather, and mx?

What about being trapped on an airplane in a ground stop for eight hours?

What about reserve duty limits on call?

What about being released by scheduling and then reassigned?

MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT ATA. WE AS PILOTS WILL BE SCREWED BY THE FAA and ATA INFLUENCE. REMEMBER NTSB RECOMMENDATIONS- FORGET ABOUT IT! REAL ISSUES OF FATIGUE-FORGET ABOUT IT! CORRECTING A PROBLEM WITHOUT CREATING A NEW BIGGER ISSUE- GET USE TO IT!

THE FAA ROLLED OVER ON AGE 60-- YOU THINK THE FAA GIVES A HOOT ABOUT SAFETY? THINK AGAIN!

I think the ATA has bought and paid for another FAA administration. My guess is that the new rule making will be a bum's rush deal and will be favorable for airline managements, especially the majors.

I say that if the new rules don't heavily favor safety and stop management pilot pushing, ALL airline union groups should hold MASS and PROLONGED picketing in front of the FAA Headquarters and the DOT, complete with news cameras, etc.

If the FAA administrator won't take safety seriously, then we need to take it to the public, VERY publically. You can bet that the FAA has leaked the proposals to the ATA in plenty of time to get their approval.

Last edited:
we will get a 12 hour max duty day but a the cost of flying a max of 10 hours--- or some variant to be able to fly long out and backs-- watch-- thats exactly how it will unravel---- so what does that mean--- well it takes the 1st part which would require more pilots and negates it with the longer flight hours for a net of 0 pilots-- IE doesnt create jobs, prevent furloughs, or get people called back.

The coast-coast day trip looks wonderful on paper. Problem is I fly out of EWR which means like JFK, if no third pilot then I'll pass. Any eastbound trans con after 4pm is bound to get f*cked with more times then not. Now throw on a looming duty time problem, talk about an added threat. Special thanks again to you JetBlue guys that so thought this a good idea you pushed for the waiver.

10 hour 2 pilot duty days are a very very bad idea, which a few stupid and greedy JetBlue pilots should be chastised for. To these guys it was ONLY about money for them and the profession be damned. Well, I think they should fight for a decent pay rather than screw the rest of the industries pilots.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back