Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you ever plan on being senior?

This sums up your position? 'Do you ever plan on being senior?'

Clearly, you are arguing against changes to current rest regulations because your perception is that it will affect your personal quality of life. One could accurately state that for you to have the quality of life that you are accustomed to, other coworkers must cope with schedules that are frankly fatiguing and dangerous.

Your argument is not based on safety for the passengers, on safety for your fellow crewmembers, or even for the greater good of the average quality of life for those who work in the airline industry. No, your argument against changes to decades old rest regulations is supported entirely by your desire to maintain a status quo that, while dangerous to the majority of the industry, is beneficial to your monthly schedule.

Leaving my soap box now, I would speculate that there isn't much room for changes to our schedules now. I suspect the trip and duty rigs currently in place would make is difficult to justify 5 day schedules from an economic standpoint.

Clearly, you are arguing against changes to current rest regulations because your perception is that it will affect your personal quality of life. One could accurately state that for you to have the quality of life that you are accustomed to, other coworkers must cope with schedules that are frankly fatiguing and dangerous.

Your argument is not based on safety for the passengers, on safety for your fellow crewmembers, or even for the greater good of the average quality of life for those who work in the airline industry. No, your argument against changes to decades old rest regulations is supported entirely by your desire to maintain a status quo that, while dangerous to the majority of the industry, is beneficial to your monthly schedule.

Leaving my soap box now, I would speculate that there isn't much room for changes to our schedules now. I suspect the trip and duty rigs currently in place would make is difficult to justify 5 day schedules from an economic standpoint.

Filled with win.

100% agreed. Nicely said.

This is probably going to end up like the rules we already have; everywhere there is something that is restrictive to the company there will be an exception to allow them to get around the restriction. The rules are already too "elastic" and I would expect that to continue. When this all said and done we will probably end up at least as tired as before and the FAA and ATA will call it a "historic improvement in aviation safety." The devil will be in the details and the exceptions.

Latest resources

Back