• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA to keep quite on new rest regs..for now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Europeans also saved your job after you turned 60. No wonder you like them. How about you hit the golf course and let everyone else upgrade just like you did in a timely fashion?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Even if I wanted to retire I would have to stay, knowing there were people like you around.:beer::laugh: BTW, I upgraded first opportunity, 16 years after DOH, and 8+ years furlough.

I'm in favor of shorter duty days. But remember, that will mean either more days worked in a month for the same pay, or the same days at less pay.

Or more productive pairings...

That will be very difficult for those that do a lot of short legs...It will be hard to get close to 7 hours a day with many legs...

Last edited:
That will be very difficult for those that do a lot of short legs...It will be hard to get close to 7 hours a day with many legs...

Why is this the pilot's problem?

Barring something dramatic from the various labor groups, we still have the same MMG, same hourly rates; how would this be a cut in pay, from the MMG, anyway?

I'll agree with you that the part of the industry that will be affected the most by this is the regional side. Whether or not the regionals will be able to continue to exist will depend on whether or not they can renegotiate the agreements with their mainline partners.

Asked another way, what changes could/would management seek to reduce costs in the wake of fatigue rule changes?

I would comfortably speculate that all of the regional schedules are already at their most efficient, yet still compliant with labor agreements.

What else do you see happening to our schedules? Specifically?

Why is this the pilot's problem?

Barring something dramatic from the various labor groups, we still have the same MMG, same hourly rates; how would this be a cut in pay, from the MMG, anyway?

It won't be a cut in pay....It will require more days away from home however to get the same number of hours. Do you want more days away from home? If you don't, it will be the pilot's problem...

It won't be a cut in pay....It will require more days away from home however to get the same number of hours. Do you want more days away from home? If you don't, it will be the pilot's problem...

Respectfully,

Joe, frankly, it seems you are showing the difference between a junior guy and a senior guy here. Of course I don't want more days away from home. However, I'm already regularly down to my contractual minimum days off anyway, while still making my MMG. Are you?

This being the case, I just don't see how these rest rules would negatively affect me. I'm open to what you have to say, but I just don't see it.

Respectfully,

Joe, frankly, it seems you are showing the difference between a junior guy and a senior guy here. Of course I don't want more days away from home. However, I'm already regularly down to my contractual minimum days off anyway, while still making my MMG. Are you?

This being the case, I just don't see how these rest rules would negatively affect me. I'm open to what you have to say, but I just don't see it.

Do you ever plan on being senior?

I'm in favor of shorter duty days. But remember, that will mean either more days worked in a month for the same pay, or the same days at less pay.

How about asking for more pay based on duty. Most people get paid for the time they are at work. We work for free!

Do you get paid to look over the required paper work? Do you get paid to stand in security lines? Do you get paid to drug test? Do you get paid for ground school? Do you get paid to stick around and talk with maintanence when they ask you stay during the write up? Do you get paid when you are ground stopped and the plane has not pushed?

Every other hourly profession gets paid to do those types of things we do for free!

Pay for lost productivity with extensive duty rigs which provide the pay min pay per day, one for one duty pay, extra pay for graveyard shifts, extra pay for standing in security lines, extra pay for weekend, extra pay for holidays, extra pay for working in a more stressful environment such as training, extra pay!

Latest resources

Back