FAA to keep quite on new rest regs..for now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you ever plan on being senior?

planned on being senior but now delayed five years to indefinitely because of A-hole like you and all your other over the hill d!ck heads.

You want to know how I really feel, ask for clarification on being senior!

Do you want to be senior? Are you serious!

planned on being senior but now delayed five years to indefinitely because of A-hole like you and all your other over the hill d!ck heads.

You want to know how I really feel, ask for clarification on being senior!

Do you want to be senior? Are you serious!

I didn't have anything to do with age 65....I'm a 40 something regional pilot...What the hell do I have to do with your situation?

How about asking for more pay based on duty. Most people get paid for the time they are at work. We work for free!

Do you get paid to look over the required paper work? Do you get paid to stand in security lines? Do you get paid to drug test? Do you get paid for ground school? Do you get paid to stick around and talk with maintanence when they ask you stay during the write up? Do you get paid when you are ground stopped and the plane has not pushed?

Every other hourly profession gets paid to do those types of things we do for free!

Pay for lost productivity with extensive duty rigs which provide the pay min pay per day, one for one duty pay, extra pay for graveyard shifts, extra pay for standing in security lines, extra pay for weekend, extra pay for holidays, extra pay for working in a more stressful environment such as training, extra pay!

DING DING DING!!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!

fight for the right rigs in the next contract, grow some ball$!!!

Problem solved!!!

I think the ATA has bought and paid for another FAA administration. My guess is that the new rule making will be a bum's rush deal and will be favorable for airline managements, especially the majors.

I think you're going to be surprised.

There is no 8 hour limit in Canada. Guess what - it is no big deal. As a matter of fact, allowing same day round trip transcon or caribbean cycles is easier than a multi-leg high density airport pairing. As a result, these are the most senior trips in the system (21 days off per month). There is no empirical evidence that this has any negative impact on safety or crew fatigue. Nor has it ever been listed as a contributing factor in any accident.

Length of duty day/ duty day extensions/ crew rest/ max flight legs are all legitimate issues that should be reviewed and hopefully modified (our crew rest language is far better than the current language in the US). But this archaic 8 hour rule from a bygone era is nonsensical. I think that the east coast pilots just like the California layovers :)

And when you fly US trans con pairings in our country with our messed up ATC system your opinion on scheduled flight time might count. "This one wacky time we had to hold over ART for 20 minutes because Arrival said they had a volume issue. What a bunch of hosers!?!" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It won't be a cut in pay....It will require more days away from home however to get the same number of hours. Do you want more days away from home? If you don't, it will be the pilot's problem...
If a 40-hour a week worker is asked to work 50 hours per week with no increase in their monthly salary, they took a cut in how much money they get paid per hour. More days away from home with no change to the monthly paycheck is a pay cut.

You get what you negotiate

just b/c federal rules change, doesnt mean local LOA's cant be reached and be equitbale for both parties

yes a duty rig solves many issues , and so does a min pay day of 5 hrs- no exceptions--- just a DH-- 5hrs--- show up for airport reseve- 5hrs-- 5 hrs is the absolute min pay per day and pilot should be compensated-- not our fault you dont know how to utilize us.

if these federal rules pass, then of course loa's would have to be created.

SKIPPY-- go ahead , make my day

You get what you negotiate

just b/c federal rules change, doesnt mean local LOA's cant be reached and be equitbale for both parties

yes a duty rig solves many issues , and so does a min pay day of 5 hrs- no exceptions--- just a DH-- 5hrs--- show up for airport reseve- 5hrs-- 5 hrs is the absolute min pay per day and pilot should be compensated-- not our fault you dont know how to utilize us.

if these federal rules pass, then of course loa's would have to be created.

SKIPPY-- go ahead , make my day

Nope, it should be 6 hours, 5 is not enough. But everything else sounds good.

Wheres the incentive for airlines to come to the table and give LOAs that would cost the airline dearly?

Someone is finally fixing the rest rules that have been so horrible for so long... and we have guys on here bitching about how it will mean less days off? Give me a break.

16 hours of duty needs to go away.

Latest resources

Back