• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA to JAA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I use to fly for Japan Airlines and we had to have a Japanese license to fly their airplanes, even in US airspace.

Where exactly does one take the JAA written exams in Florida?

No one can tell me where to take them. And found nothing on the internet. Rumor has it in Lakeland, FL.

Thank you in advance.

Where exactly does one take the JAA written exams in Florida?

No one can tell me where to take them. And found nothing on the internet. Rumor has it in Lakeland, FL.

Thank you in advance.

I just took the first 5 of 14 at Gatwick in the UK. It is possible to take them in FL but it's extra money and you're not guaranteed a seat if you're a self sponsored guy. For me it was easier to non-rev to London. Call Naples Air Center,

http://www.naples-air-center.com/

and speak to the Chief Ground Instructor, he'll give you the gen. If you're going to take the exams on your own, (without doing a distance learning course), I recommend either the Oxford ATPL manuals or the Bristol Groundschool manuals AND the online Bristol exam database is an absolute must. www.bristol.gs and www.atponline.gs

pm if you want more info, i'm becoming a reluctant
expert on the subject...

Foreign aircraft in U.S.

Recently, while reviewing the cfr's, i came across exactly a discussion regarding this issue. It specificaly said that if the foreign aircraft is being flown in the u.s., it can be flow by an u.s. rated pilot.
i wish i could easily find the cfr at this moment with 3 kids running around the house.
regards
Spike

You are in the Us. You don't need a JAA license to fly his aircraft i n US airspace.

Agreed,

I was flying an Australian registered aircraft in the U.S. without any problems. You can't leave the U.S. with the aircraft but you can certainly fly it here.

Hi!

And you CAN fly and "N" aircraft in Europe. Lots of people do. Have to get clearance to fly THAT specific aircraft.

cliff
GRB

If those airplanes registration numbers begin with anything other than an N, a validation is required from whatever country the plane is registered in. My certificates are FAA, but I am flying a French registered CRJ in Africa. I currently hold a JAA validation from France but it is only valid for the two CRJs that my company owns or leases whatever they are doing with them... Obtaining a validation through an airline is no big deal (if they are willing to sponsor it). It took me 4 days and I didnt have to do anything.

That is not true. Or better, I think you are talking about something else than the guy you quoted.

FAA pilots can fly other than N-reg'd airplanes in air carrier service with their FAA licenses.
The foreign leased airplanes are put on the operator's certificate, ie. in the ops specs. No validation is needed to fly that thing then.

Latest resources

Back