• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA Set to Raise Retirement Age

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why should we give up our seniority, vacation, our livelihood? Leave a career at the top to start at the bottom of a frac? A charter company? Leave it all behind based on a policy that has no basis. What kind of crack are you smoking? Some of us love our career and will do what it takes to keep it. You will have your chance, patience schoolboy. By the way, have you typed up your letter of resignation/retirement yet? Be sure to date it correctly. I'd hate to see you fly past 60, you incompetent safety hazard.

With regards to the examples of age discrimination listed above, starting working on changing them if you feel they are important to you. If not, live with them. We choose to change. Change is good.

Clearly you love your career. I mean, to have 7000+ hours after a "lifetime" of flying? Wow, talk about some real experience. Thank God you'll be at the controls for 5 more years, maybe then you'll have as much time as somebody half your age.

I have the perfect solution - let's go ahead and raise the age limit....when I'm 59.

I say no age limit and eveyone gets to come back with full seniority!

Or the other option, we start serving soylent green crew meals.

tomdav;1194633 Or the other option said:
soylent green[/COLOR] crew meals.

They're PEOPLE! Crew members are PEOPLE!

... wait, you meant crew meals. Sorry. Wrong radical thought.

To Whom it May Concern,
I appreciate all the years that I was able to fly for a liveing. This is my official resignation. Don't try to get in touch with me, as I don't get reception on the boat, and I don't bring my phone to the course with me.
Sincerely,
Age 60
June 10, 2041

I would gladly write this letter and send it to whomever it needed to be sent to if it meant keeping the retirement age at 60.

It's not my fault you didn't save and prepare wisely. Stop F-ing with my money and retire.

>>>I would gladly write this letter and send it to whomever it needed to be sent to if it meant keeping the retirement age at 60.<<<

So retire at 60. Do what you want. You don't need to send a letter. You can even retire at 35, 45, or 50. But don't tell me what to do or when to retire.

It's not my fault you didn't save and prepare wisely. Stop F-ing with my money and retire.

That's the point. None of those who lost their pensions had any indication that it could happen. How can you prepare for an eventuality that is inconceivable?

I assume you're saving money to be able to pay the 10-fold increase in payroll taxes to keep SSI alive in 10 years? Even I can see that one coming. TC

AA717driver said:
I assume you're saving money to be able to pay the 10-fold increase in payroll taxes to keep SSI alive in 10 years? Even I can see that one coming.

That's depressing, TC.

I was looking forward to Bush's plan to privatize SS. I'd much rather have kept that money in my paycheck and put it into a Roth than pay it out the next 40+ years of my life. I'll probably never see a dime of SS...

Why should we give up our seniority, vacation, our livelihood? Leave a career at the top to start at the bottom of a frac? A charter company? Leave it all behind based on a policy that has no basis. What kind of crack are you smoking? Some of us love our career and will do what it takes to keep it. You will have your chance, patience schoolboy. By the way, have you typed up your letter of resignation/retirement yet? Be sure to date it correctly. I'd hate to see you fly past 60, you incompetent safety hazard.

With regards to the examples of age discrimination listed above, starting working on changing them if you feel they are important to you. If not, live with them. We choose to change. Change is good.

You got your great career because the guys in front of you had to go at 60. They AND you knew the rules when decided to fly 121 and not 91 or 135. The hipocracy in this age 60 arguement is just down right funny.

Latest resources

Back