• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA Set to Raise Retirement Age

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know all of this has been debated many times on these boards but here is my question:

If 65+ guys are just fine, why would the change stipulate that one of the two pilots has to be under 65? Is that just to make the neigh voters feel better? Is there a difference or not? That's three questiosn I guess.

Several years ago AAA did a study regarding age and driving skills. They found that, once a decision was make regarding what course of action a driver should take, there was no difference in reaction time. The problem they found was that the older one gets, the longer it takes to make those decisions. That could make V1 cuts and other time-critical malfunctions much more interesting.

I hear what you're saying AA, but IMO, with the FAA accepting their over 60 crowd in town, it flushes all the arguments here right down the toilet. No one here is arguring over the writtens that are taken. ;-)

I hear what you're saying AA, but IMO, with the FAA accepting their over 60 crowd in town, it flushes all the arguments here right down the toilet. No one here is arguring over the writtens that are taken. ;-)

Then let's get it so others CAN'T fly in our country age 65+! Is that not just as obvious a solution to you? You know, if your mentality were running the NRA, no one would have so much as a sling shot.

You know, those over age 60 pilots from Europe also allow their under aged kids to drink beer over there, so maybe we should too? Right ultrarunner? It is allowed over there, so we should allow our kids to do it too....

Bye Bye--General Lee

$$$$4nothin wrote:
I don't want someone who is 64 or 65 driving a car with me in it let alone flying an aircraft. How many of you let your 65 year old parents drive when you are in the car. Thats what I thought.

Judging by your past postings, current attitude and total time, I wouldn't trust you to taxi a plane with my pet Labrador on board from the hanger to the gas pit. That's what I think.

The problem here flop is age-group protection from discrimination. And the US has recognized that flying in the US over age 65 is acceptable.

$$$$4nothin wrote:
I don't want someone who is 64 or 65 driving a car with me in it let alone flying an aircraft. How many of you let your 65 year old parents drive when you are in the car. Thats what I thought.

Judging by your past postings, current attitude and total time, I wouldn't trust you to taxi a plane with my pet Labrador on board from the hanger to the gas pit. That's what I think.

Come on Mike, go easy on these young guys, they are in fact a small vocal minority and still full of themselves. Ah, to young again. The good newws is that they will all get older sooner or later and probably in the Generals case, will be flying on into the sunset when he turns 65!

Good to hear from you Bob, the only reason I would go back to Delta is to finish up my TOE and then call in sick for 3 years from Frankfurt. Take care.

You know, those over age 60 pilots from Europe also allow their under aged kids to drink beer over there, so maybe we should too? Right ultrarunner? It is allowed over there, so we should allow our kids to do it too....

Bye Bye--General Lee

You're missing it General. Yeah, thier kids can drink over there. Your kids, when they go over there can drink there too.

Their pilots over there can fly into your airport till 65. It's gonna change. Not if, but when.

Since we are talking about age discrimination and the government, think I can sign up to be a fighter pilot at 45 years of age? Isnt that age discrimination?

Latest resources

Back