• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA is hiring pilots....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem is not with a female or minority pilot. The problem is that the hiring standards are lower for both females and minorities. This industry is only 90% white male because that the category that is crazy enough to make a living at flying.

Think of it this way, do you really want a doctor that was admitted to medical school with lower standards when your life is on the line.

"what are you gonna call me? Cracker?

'hey you cracker!'

Hmmm 'cracker'.... Brings me back to owning land and people.."

;-)

louis ck is brilliant

The problem is not with a female or minority pilot. The problem is that the hiring standards are lower for both females and minorities. This industry is only 90% white male because that the category that is crazy enough to make a living at flying.

Think of it this way, do you really want a doctor that was admitted to medical school with lower standards when your life is on the line.

And who's responsible for affirmative action?

Remember, I'm a white guy- so I hear all the racist and sexist comments and beliefs out there- especially from the older generations that are often in power.

The story you don't hear is from the very qualified men and women who had to sue to get their job and break that color/sex barrier.

You can b/tch about AA in other industries- but in the airlines- it was very well earned.

Aircraft types:
Anchorage, Battle Creek, Atlanta = King Air 300's ONLY, Domestic Only
Sacramento, Atlantic City = King Air 300's, Lear 60's, Domestic Only
Oklahoma City = King Air 300's, Lear 60's, Challenger 601's, Challenger 604's (next year 2 new Challenger 605's) Domestic and International.

QOL: Domestic trips leave Tuesday, come back Friday. Typically fly either 2 or 3 weeks a month. Weekends/holidays off. Since you are in Civil Service, you show at 0730 and are done at 1600. On the downside, the weeks you are not flying you still need to come in and work your 40 hours at the office (usually doing your flight inspection reports, etc).
International trips are gone for 18 days straight. Usually you will do about 5 or 6 a year total.
Pilots either fly domestic or international - not both. 500 hours a year is typical.

BeeVee

not even remotely true there. FAA flight checks in the middle of the night too.

"Not even remotely true" huh...... ??? Considering I've been doing the job now for the past 3 years I'm pretty sure I am "in the know"... :)
At busy airports, DFW, IAH, etc. we are sometimes required to fly a "mid" shift to get the work done when traffic volumes are low.... my point was that we only work 8 hours a day and aren't "abused" like many in the aviation industry....

Latest resources

Back