• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet Update!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you people would read the first sentence of my post, you would see that I claim to be no profit. Look at Mike's Apartment numbers, and you get a pretty good idea of what's going on here. Even though ExpressJet is it's own company, in reality it's not. CAL still makes the decisions for this company, and if you think it's not true, you have some serious wool over your eyes. Training that number of people is entirely possible. We have 56 full time instructors, three sims running 24 hours a day, and first rights to the sims at flight safety. I'm not saying this is true, and my best advice is let's check the bid list for March. If there is that number of people being trained, they'll show up next month. Either way, there are a sh!tload of people coming and going this year.

box

Eagle has over 60 fulltime instructors and can only do about 64 training cycles a month on the EMB. So 128 newhires + 64 upgrades seems high. It would be nice if it were true. But I would guess about 500-600 newhires max.

I don't buy it either. We are currently running all three sims atIAH at capacity plus three more at Flight Safety HOU and still we areunderstaffed (what a shocking change from two years ago).

I don't give too much stock into what rumors come out of the trainingdepartment. Every time I go for recurent they ask me about whatsgoing on. Now, if there was a spree of hiring into the TrainingDept. and Line Check Airmen slots were doubling, then maybe there wouldbe some truth. So far there has been no anouncements on hiring.

Frats,

You can't forget about the 2400+ pilot requiring 1 or 2 PC's a year. We might have 3 sims + the FS sims but a lot of that time is for recurrents.

Sorry BoxJockey....but either your DE was way off base or you misunderstood him. For the next few months, we are hiring 64/month and upgrading 64/month. The number of new hires per month will taper off though by summer time but will still continue indefinitely due to attrition as well as growth. Expect some new developments in the next few days on our hiring front for folks at furloughed airlines, especially Independence.

-Neal

Ok, MY BAD. The union has spoken. Maybe you guys should go down there and set those guys straight. I definitely didn't misunderstand. We flew together for two days, and we discussed many things at length. Maybe he just wanted to be a jerk and spread bullcrap rumors.

"I appologize from the bottom of my heart for the misinformation which I have, with reckless abandon, spread to the readers of this board. I will appear at the entrance to terminal B, on the 21st day in the month of January, year 2005. I am prepared for, and welcome, the stoning, flogging, and beating I'm sure you are all anxious to bestow upon me. I hope that the punishment I will recieve can restore some of my fellow pilots' faith in me as an aviator, citizen, and as their brother. Thank you."

box

boxjockey said:
Ok, MY BAD. The union has spoken. Maybe you guys should go down there and set those guys straight. I definitely didn't misunderstand. We flew together for two days, and we discussed many things at length. Maybe he just wanted to be a jerk and spread bullcrap rumors.

"I appologize from the bottom of my heart for the misinformation which I have, with reckless abandon, spread to the readers of this board. I will appear at the entrance to terminal B, on the 21st day in the month of January, year 2005. I am prepared for, and welcome, the stoning, flogging, and beating I'm sure you are all anxious to bestow upon me. I hope that the punishment I will recieve can restore some of my fellow pilots' faith in me as an aviator, citizen, and as their brother. Thank you."

box

No sweat dude. :D If you want, PM me the DE's name and when I see him at the Training Center this week (I'm in upgrade right now), I can talk to him. I'm sure it was an honest miscommunication. You were right though....hiring will continue here for quite some time. Fly safe!

-Neal

There have been at least 4 classes of 32+ in the past month. People are going to Flight Safety sims for training. How long that will continue who knows.

azpilot said:
There have been at least 4 classes of 32+ in the past month. People are going to Flight Safety sims for training. How long that will continue who knows.

This isn't quite true. We have 64 new hires in training in January. The first class of 32 started on January 3 and the second on January 17. January 10 and 24 each has a class of 32 upgrades.

-Neal

Latest resources

Back