ExpressJet to Guatemala!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
no no

Now the first thing that comes to mind is Guatemala the country. However, there is a Guatemala, Mexico as well. We have all heard here that ExpressJet will eventually serve forty-eight (48) cities in Mexico within the next two years. Could it be that we are adding another Mexico city and not a Latin American country to the mix? Just thinking on the keyboad is all.[/QUOTE]

DUDE! there is no Guatemala Mexico, you mean MATEGUALA....sounds like you need to take geography again.

LJDRVR said:
Flores, Guatemala according to my sources. Kind of interested to see how we'll flightplan this one though, with the no overwater proviso, I assume we'll be flying down the coast. It's a shame we're not doing MGGT, easily one of my favorite airports in the world, despite all the negative comments posted here. (Just keep that teardrop inside of 8 miles as you dive to get under the glideslope!)

To respond to one of the previous question, 64 a month of each, and looking for a way to bump the new-hire number up even more.

Great place to work! (Good culture and excellent people)

-LJDRVR (Now EMBDRVR)

I think I figured that one out first. It is the second largest city in Guatemala and Tikal Airlines already flies DC-9s to Cancun and Guat City from there.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
I think I figured that one out first. It is the second largest city in Guatemala and Tikal Airlines already flies DC-9s to Cancun and Guat City from there.

Bye Bye--General Lee

That's true, they have some very nice looking DC9s....I've been meaning to apply there, I think they were hiring not to long ago.

LJDRVR said:
Flores, Guatemala according to my sources. Kind of interested to see how we'll flightplan this one though, with the no overwater proviso, I assume we'll be flying down the coast. It's a shame we're not doing MGGT, easily one of my favorite airports in the world, despite all the negative comments posted here. (Just keep that teardrop inside of 8 miles as you dive to get under the glideslope!)

To respond to one of the previous question, 64 a month of each, and looking for a way to bump the new-hire number up even more.

Great place to work! (Good culture and excellent people)

-LJDRVR (Now EMBDRVR)

I've heard that XJT has plans on hiring about 700 more, not sure if this is just a rumor or has truth ti it? Whats your take?

General Lee said:
I think I figured that one out first.

I didn't claim to have "figured it out" dude, I'm saying I'm pretty sure I know.
Nice guess though General, happy now?;)

ILStoMinimums said:
I've heard that XJT has plans on hiring about 700 more, not sure if this is just a rumor or has truth ti it? Whats your take?

All depends on Continental. TA vote is coming up soon, It also remains to be seen if CAL will take our PIP's. If they don't that may affect hiring. (Or not, I'm just a dumb line pilot) Smart money says that the gloom and doom scenario being prommulgated by CAL right now is simply a negotiations ploy.

Of course the standard concerns over petroleum, terrorism, etc may have an affect also.

Folks getting hired now should plan on being in the right seat for a while, as the music will stop sooner or later. Sorry I'm not more specific. I'll guess and say we'll continue to hire for another 11 months or so at the current rate.

LJDRVR said:
I didn't claim to have "figured it out" dude, I'm saying I'm pretty sure I know.
Nice guess though General, happy now?;)

Yeah, it was a superior guess. Pretty good for someone who doesn't even work at your company. Geography is cool.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
ILStoMinimums said:
Any idea where the flight will originate? I'm assuming out of IAH?

You will enjoy flying down there and having to hold and as you approach fuel starvation have no where to go. Wrong airplane for that length of flying to that part of the world.

ILStoMinimums said:
Thanks LRDRVR.

How far is Flores from IAH? Probably somthing like the Toronto-Houston flight? :)

Did you just leave ERA to get on with Coex? Good for you. Where will you be based? Different from ANC, huh?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back