• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

expressjet to get Northwest flying ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think our management has made it clear they dont want any 70 seat flying. From what i understand they feel that the 170 is just the next E-135 and they dont really want to fly anything unless there is an order for at least 50 aircraft or it isnt worth switching to a multi fleet type. However i think our MX team is getting trained on the 170s and 190s for mx contract work for now. We shall see who freaking knows.

DoinTime said:
Actually, I've been hearing that PCL is going to picking up a good deal of RJ flying for CAL once the exclusivity clause XJT has runs out.

The whole 2007 deal at XJT isn't as big a deal as people make it sound. Basically XJT will operate 274 airframes for CAL for the next 10 years based on the CPA. In 2007 if CAL wants more 50 seat jets, then they can use someone other than XJT in the hubs. Based upon the new scope at CAL they can add some 50 seat jets in addition to the 274 jets. If CAL decides to do that after 2007, then it will go up for bid and be awarded accordingly. For XJT to lose airframes, there would have to be some bad karma between XJT and CAL managements. Since they are basically one in the same, I don't see that happening. XJT may not get some of the CAL flying above the 274 airframes, but something like the deal at ACA or AW with UAL isn't going to happen at XJT. IF flying does come up for additional jets XJT will be able to underbid anyone simply based on the economies of scale we have at CAL. If you are at XJT, I wouldn't lose sleep over the issue. Also, if you are at SKYW, MESA, CHQ, or any other bottom feeder, don't expect to snatch up much of the flying from XJT.

As for the NW flying, I doubt it simply based on the fact that we are struggling to do what CAL wants us to do with the 262 airplanes we have. Now, if we exercised those options for another 100 145 XR's, there might be something to it. In my opinion, XJT will do nothing other than 50 seat flying for CAL for the next decade and those 100 options will be used for CAL flying in addition to the other 274 jets we have. XJT will be the exclusive provider for CAL for the decade and beyond.

Last edited:
Freemind,

Does NWA own a substantial part of XJT, as it does XJ and I assume 9E??? If not, then why would it watch money fly out the door to a third party and not get anything back on a different ledger????
Unless you have some real info. to share, you shouldn't waste your time on this board!!
By the way, both the red-headed step children fly 50 seaters - what would be the advantage of using XJT for this flying??
Enlighten me please!

Superpilot92 said:
I think our management has made it clear they dont want any 70 seat flying. From what i understand they feel that the 170 is just the next E-135 and they dont really want to fly anything unless there is an order for at least 50 aircraft or it isnt worth switching to a multi fleet type. However i think our MX team is getting trained on the 170s and 190s for mx contract work for now. We shall see who freaking knows.

From what I understand we'd love to do some 70 seat stuff. The only way we'd do it however it under a capacity purchase agreement. That way the flying would garantee a profit. I honestly only see us doing this if CAL loosens the scope to allow 70 seat a/c. Otherwise the cost of training and a new fleet type would outweigh the benefits. Of course I'm just a stupid pilot!

Truckdriver said:
Now, if we exercised those options for another 100 145 XR's, there might be something to it.

Those options belong to CONTINENTAL not XJT and can be converted to ANY EMBRAER airframe not just 145's.

Britpilot said:
Those options belong to CONTINENTAL not XJT and can be converted to ANY EMBRAER airframe not just 145's.

I'm looking forward to bidding EMB-110 captain.

i wouldn't be surprised if chataqua or mesa started flying for them. also you ca put a 70 seat e-jet on some of the dc9 routes to save fuel and crew $.\

mav

mckpickle said:
You gonna run more into EWR? Theres already 10 pounds of shiit in a 5 pound bag!

Pickle, why not use some of your influence and garner an MHT or BTV sub hub and cash in some of the Canadian flying since there is going to be hockey this year? That would alleviate some EWR traffic.

Latest resources

Back