Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

freemind270

Master of Puppets
Just wondering if there is any truth to this rumor i just heard that " there will be no more planes for mesaba or Pinnacle and northwest will soon start using expressjet " I guess somewhere in 2007

anybody care to shed some light on this.

dude whats your problem I am just trying to clarify something that i have been hearing .

Last edited:

XJT did bid on NWA flying and DAL flying. Mesa got the DAL flying and I'm relatively certain XJT didn't get NWA flying. HOWEVER...the last time I heard that was before NWA filed and pre-strike and all that stuff. I'm not sure if that changed things...I don't see how it could have but with this industry I'm not willing to rule anything out. If XJT did get NWA flying it would be news to me...I haven't heard any such rumor until now.

Express barely has enough airplanes and crews to keep CO's flying obligations, much less branching out.

Gotta luv the fools and the rumor mills though.

Nope but I heard Tans States was merging with NW and would then attempt a hostile takeover of ExpressJet.

freemind270 said:
Just wondering if there is any truth to this rumor i just heard that " there will be no more planes for mesaba or Pinnacle and northwest will soon start using expressjet " I guess somewhere in 2007

anybody care to shed some light on this.

Actually, I've been hearing that PCL is going to picking up a good deal of RJ flying for CAL once the exclusivity clause XJT has runs out.

145Mech...

I do know we put a bid out on the flying...what they'd do about the planes...I'm not sure...but we did for sure put a bid on the DAL/NWA flying. But you're right...we are tight on planes as it is.

You are all wrong, Braniff is coming back. They are going to take your flying and have sex with your significant other.

Tight on planes and tight on getting new financing. No one want to finance 50 seat a/c. So the rates are through the roof right now. Theres gotta be, what 1500 50 seat a/c flying around in the US? I think XJT is going to concentrate on keeping the CAL flying.

And yes the exclusivity runs out in 07 but CAL still has to have XJT operate 274 airframes. They gotta fly them someplace. You gonna run more into EWR? Theres already 10 pounds of shiit in a 5 pound bag!

Latest resources

Back