• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet routes formally announced..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you hail from the Inland Empire, then going out of ONT beats driving up to LAX.

This is very true, and the Inland Empire is growing. But do you really think that people from Los Angeles will be willing to battle the traffic on the 10 in order to save a few bucks?

This is very true, and the Inland Empire is growing. But do you really think that people from Los Angeles will be willing to battle the traffic on the 10 in order to save a few bucks?

Depending on time of day, the 10 east isn't horrible while the 10 west into LA is almost always horrible from the 210 on. Might not be such a bad drive to ONT most of the day.

If they live in LA, then no.. but if they're in the middle why not?

There is a lot of overlap with SWA routes. I guess they are not concerned with the competition.

I dont know how many of these pairings match SWA, but it would be very easy for SWA to make them match. Almost all of the cities already have SWA gates and staff.

I don't know what team of monkeys dreamed this idea up for ExpressJet but it seems like they are trying to run the company out of business. People call getting on a 737 a small plane, much less a 50 seat Jungle Jet. I hate sitting in a regional jet for 15 minutes much less two hours.
I also cant believe that to make matters worse they are going almost head to head with Southwest on almost every city. Insane.

I also cant [sic] believe that to make matters worse they are going almost head to head [sic] with Southwest on almost every city. Insane.

Since you've obviously done the legwork on this and I am curious, define "almost head-to-head." Which city pairs fall into this category?

Tell you what SEAN, how about you leave OUR management decisions up to OUR managers. You are free to NEVER fly on us or (assuming you can get an airline job), ask us for a jumpseat.

You armchair CEO's are getting tiresome.

Latest resources

Back