• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet. No limit to sick days

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well enlighten me-do they have some sort of body exchange teleporter where they can get into my body and see how I feel?

I dont want to go into any more detail on a public site about how our program is run. If you are an XJT pilot get in touch with me over on the pipe(same screen name) or look me up on the XJT ALPA site under the safety committee(again not hard to figure out who I am) and I will fill you in on the details of how the program works if you havent gotten to experience it yet(sounds like you havent or you arent an XJT pilot).

Not an XJT pilot, so sorry bout that. I'm not trying to grill you on the process. I'm just saying no matter what kind of evaluation you do you'll never know how someone else feels. Although someone may be flying a schedule that doesn't look fatiguing, they may have other things going on or just didn't sleep well in a loud hotel one night. Like I said-I think what XJT is doing is a step in the right direction. I was talking more about the grilling from a CP at other places.

Not an XJT pilot, so sorry bout that. I'm not trying to grill you on the process. I'm just saying no matter what kind of evaluation you do you'll never know how someone else feels. Although someone may be flying a schedule that doesn't look fatiguing, they may have other things going on or just didn't sleep well in a loud hotel one night. Like I said-I think what XJT is doing is a step in the right direction. I was talking more about the grilling from a CP at other places.

All I will say is there is way more involved in the process than "a couple people in charge" sitting around discussing these things, everything is taken into account. Its a really good process and so far has been used very successfully and not to many have been excluded from ASAP.

Yes I do but I also have a deductable.

The fact that you are treated like a child is what bothers me.

Gup

Explain....How am I treated like a child....I can call sick once, twice, again and again and not get a call....I bang out again, bring a note and there's still no problem. Or at any point along the road had I visited a Dr it wouldn't have counted.

You expect unlimited, unquestioned sick calls? Geez, I'm not even pro-management but I can see that there comes a point when they're going to call and see what's up.

Explain....How am I treated like a child....I can call sick once, twice, again and again and not get a call....I bang out again, bring a note and there's still no problem. Or at any point along the road had I visited a Dr it wouldn't have counted.

You expect unlimited, unquestioned sick calls? Geez, I'm not even pro-management but I can see that there comes a point when they're going to call and see what's up.

I'm on your side but really, we shouldn't need a note. The note has made a bad policy better. Maybe on our next contract we can just change it to personal time like so many other industries. The company should account for that time to all be used every year. My wife gets 2 weeks vacation another 14days of PTO, personal time off, which is for sick time or whatever, and it does accumulate if not used. It comes down to accounting and XJT doesn't account for that time being used.

What does the ASAP program have to do with fatigue? Unless it is totally different from what is at ASA. ASAP is for an unintentional violation of something.

At XJT we use ASAP to find the root cause of problems with the operation as well as for those pesky violations. Eg, rampers opening cargo door while beacon is still on. So, fatigue calls get ASAPed so that the company can try to mitigate whatever is causing fatigue calls, brings issues to the attention of the company, ALPA, and the FAA.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back