• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet. No limit to sick days

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What does the ASAP program have to do with fatigue? Unless it is totally different from what is at ASA. ASAP is for an unintentional violation of something.

It allows them to do an analysis of the trip in each case of a fatigue call to see the causes, e.g. if the pairing construction should be changed to avoid fatigue. For instance, if they notice frequent fatigue calls for pairings that start late and suddenly switch to a 6 am show time then they'll decrease the number of pairings that have that.

ASAP is just a way of reporting the details and fatigue IS a safety issue. XJT uses ASAP to report any safety related observation, not just when you might have violated a reg.

Last edited:
What does the ASAP program have to do with fatigue? Unless it is totally different from what is at ASA. ASAP is for an unintentional violation of something.

Uhhhh, please check your facts on what ASAP is and is not for. It is NOT simply for an 'unintentional violation of something'.

Treat it as merely a get out of jail free card and you will see it go away.

"You expect unlimited, unquestioned sick calls? Geez, I'm not even pro-management but I can see that there comes a point when they're going to call and see what's up."

Frontier is unlimited and no questions asked...ever.

I'm on your side but really, we shouldn't need a note. The note has made a bad policy better. Maybe on our next contract we can just change it to personal time like so many other industries. The company should account for that time to all be used every year. My wife gets 2 weeks vacation another 14days of PTO, personal time off, which is for sick time or whatever, and it does accumulate if not used. It comes down to accounting and XJT doesn't account for that time being used.

At ASA if they request a Dr's note your deductible/copay is on the companies dime. The fact that they are requiring the note (which the vast majority of the time they don't) makes them have to pay per an agreement with the union.

"You expect unlimited, unquestioned sick calls? Geez, I'm not even pro-management but I can see that there comes a point when they're going to call and see what's up."

Frontier is unlimited and no questions asked...ever.

Lynx was that way until RAH started digging into our sick call numbers. Not so much anymore.. watch out.

cale

At ASA if they request a Dr's note your deductible/copay is on the companies dime. The fact that they are requiring the note (which the vast majority of the time they don't) makes them have to pay per an agreement with the union.

It is the same at XJT, if they ask for one then they pay for it.

Lynx was that way until RAH started digging into our sick call numbers. Not so much anymore.. watch out.

cale

Our CP told us just last week that we were in the clear...RAH has "zero control" over this...not while we're under our current CBA. We shall see...

Latest resources

Back