• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet - Making the move?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All contract disputes and union discussions aside, I miss SGU, I never worked with better people and my QOL was exceptional. Folks complain while there but when they leave, many want to return.

If I had my "druthers" on where to live, SGU would beat out Dallas, Memphis, Chicago, San Francisco and many other Operations venues.

In SGU I had the best of both worlds, a clean, safe, scenic place to live there with Nevada and its gambling, debauchery and word-class entertainment just a few hours away on I-15. I had a choice.

That being said, If I could make more than $18/hr and there was a mass importation of Asian hookers, I might give it a second look.

Im sure the hookers would be possible....

I find it hard to believe that anyone with half a brain looking at both contracts can see that pafca-asa has a better contract than those at XJT. I do agree there may be some things better in XJT but looking at both contracts for what they are pafca-asa has got an overall better more solid contract. lets take a look at who can dispatch what. I would be willing to bet that if ASA decided to put all the XJT A/C onto ASA certificate no one but ASA dispatchers can dispatch those aircraft....just take a look at who has a better scope clause... and also I know I read on this someone said XJT has around 62 qualified and current dispatchers ready to make the move. Well the last time I looked XJT only has 40 active dispatchers and the rest are qualified are in management...( some type of ). As I would love to make the kind of $$$ Main line gets sometimes it's not all about the money it's how not to let the company you work for take everyhting away except your salery. If I'm not mistaken if you look at XJT and ASA top of pay I think it's only a few cents differance between the two...and remember the more $$$ you make the more you pay in dues at XJT as their dues is a % of your pay.

I find it hard to believe that anyone with half a brain looking at both contracts can see that pafca-asa has a better contract than those at XJT. I do agree there may be some things better in XJT but looking at both contracts for what they are pafca-asa has got an overall better more solid contract. lets take a look at who can dispatch what. I would be willing to bet that if ASA decided to put all the XJT A/C onto ASA certificate no one but ASA dispatchers can dispatch those aircraft....just take a look at who has a better scope clause... and also I know I read on this someone said XJT has around 62 qualified and current dispatchers ready to make the move. Well the last time I looked XJT only has 40 active dispatchers and the rest are qualified are in management...( some type of ). As I would love to make the kind of $$$ Main line gets sometimes it's not all about the money it's how not to let the company you work for take everyhting away except your salery. If I'm not mistaken if you look at XJT and ASA top of pay I think it's only a few cents differance between the two...and remember the more $$$ you make the more you pay in dues at XJT as their dues is a % of your pay.

You just keep puffing that pipe.(it is just the one half of your brain anyway) In the end remember it's not the contract your voting for. The representation that will negotiate and administer the joint CBA is what you will be voting for. Like it or not the TWU has what it takes to get the best deal. Of course you could vote "no representation" and get what the company deals you, it might be even better than what you have now!

onward and upward
(thanks c/r)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back