ExpressJet Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My profile said December_16,_2003
which is the day I talked with the peoplescout people.

If you had a date around today, I would expect a call tomorrow-ish...

Just out of curiosity, when did you do your phone interview? Just wondering where I stand... or if they are going in order...

boxjockey said:
Any ExpressJet pilots with some words of wisdom or new info please post it. Thanks.

Yea, make sure you tip the hotel van driver, he's in on the interview process. Wear only a blue suit with a red tie. Make sure your sideburns don't go below your earlobes. Don't ask for any snacks on the plane ride down, the flight attendants are in on the process as well. And most importantly, for God's sake, zip your fly!!!!

OK I couldn't resist. Now my honest advice. Just be yourself. Be courtious and grateful for the chance to interview. Don't bring up ALPA or the current negotiations and don't comment on them if asked. The line captain will want to know if he/she can stand to sit beside you for four days in a row, the training dept rep wants to know if you're trainable and the HR person will want to know if you've ever been a criminal or a terrorist. Good luck. Remember just be yourself!!!!

Hi, I got a call this AM to come interview Feb.9th too. Not much to say other than I hope we get on. I need a job! Those who haven't gotten the"call" yet, be patient, things are taking a turn a for the better. Keep studying, be prepared. Good luck to you!

2700TT
550ME
340Turbine
Some 121

Express Jet SUCKS! I am already working as a mechainc for over one and a quater years. I have over 2100 hours, and they won't even give me the time of day. Got the rejection post card in the mail the other day without even a phone call. Maintenance is verbally abusive and treats most people who work there like **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**. I thought about applying for mechanic to see if I get the rejection card or not for some laughs. Hope they treat the pilots better than they do the guys that keep them flying. Good luck to those who make it, but I have another offer that I am going to accept and tell Express Jet to "take this job and shove it"!

Sorry to hear about unhappy mechanics or pilots. You have got some good qualifications too. The new hiring technique seems a little unorthodox, rejecting some qualified folks for sure.
Things will work out. :( :)

I believe I had my phone interview on the 16th also. Have any of you other guys recieved you're travel info yet? She said she would email it to me, but I haven't recieved anything yet. Maybe it was just a sick joke!

box

jackofalltrades said:
Express Jet SUCKS! I am already working as a mechainc for over one and a quater years. I have over 2100 hours, and they won't even give me the time of day. Got the rejection post card in the mail the other day without even a phone call. Maintenance is verbally abusive and treats most people who work there like **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**. I thought about applying for mechanic to see if I get the rejection card or not for some laughs. Hope they treat the pilots better than they do the guys that keep them flying. Good luck to those who make it, but I have another offer that I am going to accept and tell Express Jet to "take this job and shove it"!

With an attitude like that, its no wonder that the company doesn't want you in the cockpit.

I'm also confused as to what a "quater year" is?

I also hope that you're based at SHV and not TYS.

Latest resources

Back