ExpressJet down, bottom feeders up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
YourPilotFriend said:
We already know, some pilots will pay the company to fly.
Exactly.

flatspin7 said:
Second of All XJT also has a chance to play "Bottom Feeder Killer" no offence to the pilots... There are going to be 69 RJs out there 44 of which are the XRs which are almost never weight restricted and carries an extra hour of fuel making such legs as IAH-PSP/ONT/YYZ/BOI and EWR-YYT/TUL/OKC/BTR/MSY possible... All with 50 people. The service cant be beat... it might be time for Mesa, CHQ, TSA, or SKW to take a little punch in the nose.

I guess I'm confused...the only way XJT can play "Bottom Feeder Killer" is by somehow lowering their costs.

The other thing that's been mentioned quite a few times is that these same airplanes that are currently being utilized by COEX will most likely be the same ones that will be utilized by the winner of the RFP ( unless COEX decides it will keep the aircraft and somehow operate them for someone else...don't see that happening). They will have the XR's either way.

They are looking to get a certain number out of you guys...I just hope it's not to ridiculous of a one. You might as well stand your ground. They are going to dilute the Express divsion either way, unfortunately even though service may take a huge hit, it just makes business sense these days.

any mention what is going to happen to seven hundred pilots operating these jets? Can anyone post a link to this article?

suupah said:
any mention what is going to happen to seven hundred pilots operating these jets? Can anyone post a link to this article?
Without a brand scope, they will hit the street. Playing the numbers game, 700 FO's will hit the street and about 300 captians will be downgraded. Thats just a rough estimate.

Last edited:
Kellner has hated Express ever since he was under Gordo. This is by no means a surprise. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 69 in a desert in 12/06. Why else is CAL purchasing/leasing more 737's(not sure which 7 or 800s) next year? Hmm, more food for thought!

BigLebowski said:
BigDave...I don't understand how you can compare Skywest to Mesa and Trans States.

Yeah, it's not good for XJT...but I feel Skywest is a superior carrier to XJT.

What is your 70 seats rates? I can not seem to find them any where.

Superior carrier? Well I guess so at least you will still have a job, I will have to go back into the Marines Corps, at least I know the Marines will not be replaced by a bottom feeder.

Semper Fi BigLebowski (go have a white russian, you deserve it)

BigLebowski said:
Sure thing. Go have another white russian dude.

BigLebowski said:
BigDave...I don't understand how you can compare Skywest to Mesa and Trans States.

I will respectfully disagree with you sir. I believe that XJT's 50 seat rates are if not the best, close to the best in the regional arena right now. This is truly a saddening event that's happening here folks. We should ALL be concerned about this.

I mean no disrespect to the SKYW pilots in no shape or form. SKYW is definitely up there with the good ones. I just don't think that you can say one is better than the other.

Its funny I have flown with 2 Capts at XJT were were furloghed post-911 and went the Skywest... if they loved it so much why did they come back?
One was a Boise commuter too!!!!

I have heard enough stories to make me believe the Kool Aide runs like water and the company can do what they want to you when ever they please...
ALPA has its issues but our locals fight for the pilots...rules.

Hell if Scooter man gets his job back --- I could probably ride a Harley through the terminal naked and not get fired. (as long as I wore a helmet for safety!!! :) )

flatspin7 said:
Hell if Scooter man gets his job back --- I could probably ride a Harley through the terminal naked and not get fired. (as long as I wore a helmet for safety!!! :) )

'Scuse da cart! 'Scuse da cart, please!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back